Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend a DVD to inspire…
  • annmarlow
    Free Member

I’m looking for a film or films to show a group of 14-17 Scouts to inspire them to try some expeditions or outdoor activities. Films like the ones shown during the Independent adventure film festival. I’m guessing 127 hours would be a bad choice.
    Any suggestions?

Jamie
    Free Member
    SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Deliverance?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzKOYUvD3E[/video]

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

mudpup
    Free Member

Carry on Camping?

scud
    Free Member

What about the Ewan mcgregor and charley boorman series “Long way round” or “Long way down”. Real expeditions with someone recognisable to them?

Jamie
    Free Member

Another recommendation would be The Flying Scotsman.

plumber
    Free Member

touching the void for sure hey
    fogle n cracknell rowing the atlantic and skiing to the pole – bot good I think
    Mark ‘thingy’ cycling the world

LabWormy

No dvd suggestions, I’m afraid. However …..

Have you asked on “escouts” – the scouty equivalent of STW, but with less swearing and arguments? I find it an excellent source of ideas as the posters are generally leaders who have weekly contact with their kids and the ideas on there seem more practical than the resources from HQ.

Do you have any older explorers or network scouts in your district or county who have done things like the Tall Ships, Operation Raliegh or their own world trips? Then the explorers would be getting the inspiration from their own peers.

spandex_bob

Twice upon a time in Bolivia or Asgard from Alistair Lee / Posing Productions? Not particularly long or polished, and reasonably free of gnarrrrr attitude.

Can you get them to one of the ‘Best of Kendal Film’ showings that should be touring? Normally some pretty good content, although I can’t find a calander anywhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a DVD to inspire…’ is closed to new replies.