Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend a DH Tyre
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

Im after a new set of tyres for my trail bike of which this season will be 90% DH usage.

I could probaly get upto a 2.5

I have a 2.25 at the moment so hoping a 1/4 of a inch would be ok increase.

Let me no on tyres…

Kenda , Maxxis , etc..

thanks

twohats
    Free Member

Maxxis High roller, end of thread…

mattnuttall
    Free Member

Maxxis Minion very grippy 😆

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

was thinking about the maxxis ardent?

whats the difference between these 3 maxxis tyres? really to a novice of tyres buying. they all seem the same price and look ish.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Dependant on conditions, but Maxxis Minnion is the best all round, use the DH-F on both front and back as its much quicker rolling than a Minnion DH-R, copes with mud well, but still quick in the dry. I'd also recommend you go for super tacky 42a compound, as the 60a is just too hard for cornering, roots and all the rest of it.
    If your happy swapping tyres, then go for high rollers or ardent in the dry and swampthing in the damp, and for properly minging muddy days go for the wet screams.

undapressure
    Free Member

I hated the minion on the front, found it much more skittery than a high roller. Now running High Roller front and Minion F rear. Works well for me. As PeteG55 says, 42a compound is super grippy, run them at 20-25 psi and they just ooze around corners

jam-bo

minion is a dry tyre. as is the ardent.

for a tyre that will work in the widest range of conditions then the high roller really is king.

if your after a lighter setup then the advantage has been really impressing me in the last couple of weeks.

foxyrider
    Free Member

wet stuff – maxxis swamp thing 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

high roller on the rear, minion DHF on the front. DHX handles better under hard braking than the high roller, which I found didn't track straight.

grumm
    Free Member

Dual Ply 42a High Rollers.

carlphillips
    Free Member

dry..minions
    wet..swampthings
    very wet/mud…wetscreams

mostly leave a minion on the rear though.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I WOULD have previously said High Roller, Minion blah blah blah BUT I would have to say that the new generation of Continentals are superb! I just put some "Rain Kings" on my DH bike and they are mental grippy, a lot lighter than the maxxis that came off, have super sturdy sidewalls, and feel like they will last forever!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a DH Tyre’ is closed to new replies.