• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TN.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend a climbing harness.
  • RustySpanner

Have tried a couple, DMM Renegade and Ms Spanners’ old Petzl.

Both fine, the DMM a bit stiffer but much more supportive. Think it would be more comfortable on longer climbs.

Joe Brown’s just try and sell me whatever they have on sale and my local outdoors shops just try and sell me the most expensive one!

Leaning toward the DMM, but anything else I should be considering?

bigdawg
    Free Member

for some reason Ive always had metolius harnesses, but they fit they feel comfy and thats whats more important. Go to somewhere like Rock On where you can pester them for a couple of hours and get to try loads on…

Sandwich

Petzl Calidris was the most supportive harness I’ve used, the Wild Country Synchro is as good but much lighter and will carry more gear.

RustySpanner

Thanks folks, off to Cotswold and Ellis Brigham shortly to try a few more on.

Sadly a bit far from Rock On, but will go with the most comfortable I can find.

Ms S has now told me that she thinks the Petzl one I liked is female specific 😳
    I know I’ve got moobs, but this is getting worrying. 😀

happysnapper
    Free Member

I’ve got a Black Diamond Blizzard which I find pretty good. It’s also closed cell foam for winter type stuff (doesn’t absorb water/snow) but can be a bit warmer in summer.

I couldn’t get on with the Petzls. If you’re feeling flush the Arc’teryx ones look very nice…

Just get one that fits you well, that’s the main thing.

grumm
    Free Member

Black Diamons Momentum here – very comfy. As said just one that fits really.

antigee

another vote here for Black Diamond Momentum – but as said fit is everything (and number of gear loops depending on wot you does)
    Petzl always seem to get good rating in reviews but never got one that has been a comfie fit on me

Ms S has now told me that she thinks the Petzl one I liked is female specific

go for it – should be able to have a p1ss whilst tied in and keeping the old man in yr pants

jam-bo

I have an arcteryx, beautifully made, amazingly light and comfortable, blisteringly expensive….

I wouldn’t go back to anything else…

RustySpanner

Well, that was interesting!

Arc’teryx make some beautiful stuff, but the prices! You could buy a bike for that etc etc.

Ended up with a large 2008 DMM Renegade, very comfy, very secure and a great discount from Cotswolds. Got some cheapish Disco slippers from Decathlon recently and the GF’s daughter bought me a chalk bag for my birthday. Can borrow a lid and other stuff for the time being, so it’s game on.

Thanks for all the advice people, much appreciated. If you see a short, middle aged, spherical individual with orange rock slippers out at the crag, jelly-legging his way up a V Diff, give us a shout.

Is there a climbing equivalent of STW by the way?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Is there a climbing equivalent of STW by the way?

UK Climbing

TN
    Free Member

Me and the bloke both use Petzl Corax harnesses – like the adjustable leg loops. I’m more of a cushion dweller these days though…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a climbing harness.’ is closed to new replies.