• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by beb.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend a Bike Bag
  • Rockdodger
    Free Member

I am considering purchasing a bike bag and would like to know other peoples views on what is available either hard case or soft.
    Thanks

kayak23

Crc have theirs at 45 quid at moment. A soft one with wheels. Looks good.

_tom_
    Free Member

Having flown with a bike I would recommend getting one with wheels. Mine doesn’t have any and it’s a bloody nuisance to move anywhere.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Evoc bike bag is excellent, packed my bike away in 15 minites. I also have the crc bike bag, it was also good, but very basic, it feels like your bike makes up the bag rather then the bike being in the bag wih the evoc.

forge197
    Free Member

Another vote for evoc expensive but brilliant, stable when pulling it along, quick to load and unload protects the bike well.

toys19
    Free Member

I had a crc bike bike, it struggled to fit my small bullit with van 36’s on it. Was also pita to move around and a bit of a faff to pack so I flogged it favouring bike boxes. But after seeing the evocs in use I was v impressed so bought one the other day. I was still doubtful as to wether my dh bike with jeffing great fox 40’s would fit but it does with ease. Seems mega stable too.
    To get to this stage took about 10 mins, not much more to do and its zip up time.

_tom_
    Free Member

That evoc looks great, but pretty heavy at around 7kg (apparently?). With a DH bike can you still get away without having to pay excess baggage fees? With padding and cardboard sides added to my bag, the whole lot somehow ended up weighing about 28kg (despite having a 17kg bike and 2-3kg bag), the limit is 30 apparently.

toys19
    Free Member

yer tis heavy, but I have been overweight everytime I’ve flown, never had an issue.

beb

+1 for evocs – fantastic bit of design. Easy and stable to wheel around too.

I find the worst bit of a foreign bike hol is packing the bike up at the end when all you want is to chill with a beer and savour the last precious moments in the sun 🙂 Evoc bags make it easy.

As long as you don’t go over 32 kg’s (H&S limit) you’ll be fine. Plus with evocs you don’t need any other packaging the bag’s designed properly in the first place.

Only thing is I’ve only done a couple of trips with mine so can’t comment yet on longevity. And they are a lot of cash. But if you’re planning on doing a fair bit of flying with your bike I’d say they’re worth it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a Bike Bag’ is closed to new replies.