Recommend a 10" Tablet

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend a 10" Tablet

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend a 10" Tablet
  • kevster

As title, missus wants a new tablet. Not bothered about make, more about VFM.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I like my Asus TF300 Transformer.

you can get them for £190 these days (Morgan Computers)

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

iPad
    natch

kevster

ipad would be the ideal, but £400 is too much

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab 2 was the purchase for the wife some months ago. I liked it so much I’ve bought the Tab 3

z1ppy

Does it need to be 10″? The ipad mini is a gorgeous bit of kit and size wise a lot of ppl say, if apple had released it first, they wouldn’t sell any 10″ ones… like wise the Galaxy Tab 8.0 is very very nice.
    I love my ipad 2, but doubt it it broke tomorrow, I’d bother buying another 10″ model.
    Nexus 10 or 7 are probably where you want to look for best bang for your buck though.

dh

folks just got a nexus10. seems very nice. “pure” google, none of the other 3rd party guff you get with some android tablets. mail order only though unfortunately iirc.

Premier Icon steveoath
    Subscriber

nexus 10 from here. Bought one for MrsOath for xmas.

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I’m getting a Nexus 10 as a Xmas present from the wife as I can rarely prise our mk1 ipad away from her.
    Very impressed in the brief “I’ll just make sure it’s working” hour I spent with it before giving it back to her for wrapping
    🙄

It seems great value at £229 (I think she paid £250)

jp-t853

The Nexus is the one to get.

The 9″ Nook HD+ is a bargain at £129, I have the 7.7″ Nook HD and it is really great value now that it has full access to Google Play and you can add memory cards if space is becoming an issue.

Link

Review

kevster

After playing with a few she has said the 8″ will be sufficient! Options are now:

Samsung Note 8.0

or

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Is the note worth the extra £20?

iPad nothing else

grim168

yes it is.

z1ppy

Without looking through the specific hardware details, I assume the difference was that the Note allowed the use of the Stylus & so hand writing recognition on some of it’s apps. It’s a nice feature if you want to take “notes” but if you use is purely as an “entertainment” tablet (internet/films/internet TV/email), I’d suggest the Tab would be fine… I might be completely wrong as a quick glance at the spec’s suggest the Note has .5Gb of more memory & no downside (weighs a bit more)…so I might be talking complete rubbish 😀
    If that the case go for the Note!

hilldodger

Stylus on Note good for clicking those annoyingly small drop down menus, plus can use it to hover over buttons and select options, something I find hard to do with fingers.
    And the handwriting recognition works well, good for the non typists.
    Also my note came with photoshop touch, works great with stylus.

iPad nothing else

VFM was mentioned….

cynic-al

After playing with a few she has said the 8″ will be sufficient

Quote of the week.

I have a nook HD and thread is interesting to me because it’s slow as shit and I may be sending it back

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a 10" Tablet’ is closed to new replies.