Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • recomendations on what to do/see in central london next sunday?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

recommendations please.anything considered. The usual tourist attractions all count but what id really like is smaller less advertised things…favourtie little pubs or coffee shops, art galleries or quirky shops,markets, antique/collectable shops, parks monuments, anything really…
    what have you seen or been impressed with and would recommend?
    (equally what to avoid also.)
    cheers!

zippykona

If the war museum is open go there. Its the best place I’ve ever visited.

jekkyl

If you’ve never been before go to Camden, the markets there are stuffed with little knicky knacky shit and clothes and hats and food and smoking equipment, all sorts. Women love it. If weather’s nice buy 4 stella and rent a deck chair on speakers corner and watch all the people go past.

odannyboy
    Free Member

good start any more..?

MrSmith
    Free Member
    tommyhine

I don’t really enjoy Camden any more, the stables is much better (only a little further up the road, 5 minutes walking).
    Neals yard is always worth a wonder around (just off seven dials, infact that whole area is pretty cool).

What train station are you coming into, if the weather is nice get on a boris bike and don’t go underground. You’ll miss so much stuff you wouldn’t believe. If it’s Euston then you only about 30 minutes walk from pretty much any where worth visiting and you’ll see loads of interesting things no one will ever mention in a million years (look out for the blue heritage plaques on buildings as well

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IWM is still closed, I believe.
    The Wallace Collection is a delight.
    Cask, in SW1 is the finest purveyor of beer you’ll ever find.
    So much to do!
    Homesick now. London and all the beauty within is too far away right now. 🙁

djglover
    Free Member

If you are up North of the city a tour of Highgate cemetry is very interesting.

Some massive ornate Victorian Tombs..

Northwind

It’s not exactly an unknown, but I find myself in the british museum just about every time i’m in London, even if it’s just for a walk around in the elgin marbles room.

sugdenr
    Free Member

The Wallace Collection is a delight

+1, and pleasant cafe.

I do like Tate Modern, you can wander over to see St Pauls over that bridge, and wander around SouthBank a bit.

lasty
    Free Member

^^^ …. and whilst youre down that end the globe theatre tour is a great way to spend an hour or two – wasn’t expecting much but found it fascinating 8)

epicsteve
    Free Member

As it happens I was in central London at the weekend and I’d definitely recommend the British Museum and the National Gallery. There was also some kind of street market on in SoHo which was fun, but I don’t know if that’s on every week.

One of my favourite things to do in London though is to take the water bus from Westminster down to Greenwich – cheap but interesting.

trevron73
    Free Member

My 40th in Shepherds bush , we have not met but hey we will both be in London, i got F1 pit girls and some crazy chefs coming ,should be worth a pint and at least i,ll have some one to talk bikes with?

MrSmith
    Free Member

^ chatroom groomer.

odannyboy
    Free Member

😆

Cougar

The Science Museum is tremendous, I could spend days in there.

odannyboy
    Free Member

any good pubs that i should see…?

tomhoward

The Cask in Pimlico. Flashy recomended it to me as well t’other week. It’s brilliant!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tom, they said, “oh, HIM!…….Yeah, he looked pretty shot”
    😉

tomhoward

😳

natrix
    Free Member

You get a good view from the top of the monument and its more quirky than the London Eye (its free as well)

joemarshall
    Free Member

Go swimming outdoors: Hampstead Ponds or Parliament Hill Lido, or Tooting Bec are all super, although only if you are a bit of a hard nut, they’re all still at 14 or so degrees water temp, but hard to beat on a nice sunny day, also Serpentine Lido if you want very central. Or if you are a wuss, London Fields Lido is lovely, outdoors, but heated to be nice and warm. Need to arrive early on a sunny weekend though as everywhere nice will get crowded towards late morning/lunchtime.

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/green-spaces/hampstead-heath/swimming/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/hyde-park/sport-in-hyde-park/serpentine-lido

http://www.better.org.uk/areas/hackney/centres/london-fields-lido/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘recomendations on what to do/see in central london next sunday?’ is closed to new replies.