Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recomendation – Full Suss for 5’4 MrsGDRS
  • GDRS

Right Ladies and Gents (but especially Ladies)- Mrs GDRS has reached a point where she has said to me she wants to upscale. Her Spesh FSR (proper bike number two)has taken her further into to the hills of England and Scotland – France / Italy / Spain) and she has now told me that a decison has been reached – down is more fun than up.

What could she test ride that will.

Allow her peddle up stuff – then rag down it like a loon. Then peddle up stuff and then rag down it like a loon (repeat all day at a trail center / surrey hills etc – then bag it up and go Free Ride light in Europe).

Other information for the collective brain – Five feet four inches tall – so size does matter and has been a frame fit problem before.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Endorphin!

Comes in XS sizes…v.nice

Vortexracing

one of these

Ventana X5

i’m 5ft 4″ and fits me just fine in 15″ frame size.

Loads of standover.

catnash
    Free Member

I’m 5’4″ small enduro SL DH is more fun and across and up.

Tracey

One of these

Climbs well and is great down hill, Abigale loves her Reign

Tracey

stooo
    Free Member

Orange do a tiny size for he ladies… my pal has one and she’s only 5’4″ and she loves it.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Orange 5/Diva,or Yeti 575.

doug_basqueMTB.com

What about a Cove Hustler. I have one and love it. It climbs well but is definitely more about the downs. I’m not just sugesting the bike I own though! I had a guest out a couple of weeks ago who as a girl about the same height (I think) and was absolutely fantastic on the descents and she had a pink hustler that she was very much getting on with! You could get a test ride at Laggan (basecamp bikes) if you can get that far north. Here’s some evidence:

ononeorange

Mrs Ononeorange is 5′ 4″ and is delighted with her 14″ Orange 5. Fits perfectly. If you’re from around the Chilterns, I’m sure I could wrestle it away from her for long enough to allow Mrs GDRS to have a try.

GDRS

Much to think about. Thanks. We’ve just got in from an afternoon’s singlespeeding around peaslake and we saw a two women on Titus’ – anyone an owner – they looked the part.

The Ventana looks sweet – Mrs GDRS is riding a Ven singlespeed purchased from these fine pages three years ago from YoGrant – so a matching set appeals….

Lots more for Kelly to mull over whilst I clean the bikes and wash the kit. Much appreciated – any more thoughts?

si-wilson
    Free Member

We do the Chumba XCL and VF2 both in XS, email me (info@progressive-bikes.co.uk) for details and offers 🙂

myheadsashed

Is that Carson on the pink hustler?

doug_basqueMTB.com

That is indeed the one and only Ms Carson! The girl can ride eh?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recomendation – Full Suss for 5’4 MrsGDRS’ is closed to new replies.