• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rp16v.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recomend me some – tyre levers
  • leffeboy

Ok, I give in. I’ve spent my whole life being able to put tyres onto wheels without tyre levers but the skill now eludes me. I’m trying to put GP 4 seasons onto iron cross rims and it’s defeating me. I’ve done it with these particular wheels and tyre before but it’s driving me mad. Right now you could air drop me into Syria with a track pump and some tyre irons and I would sort out ISIS here and now. I pushed beads into wells, worked my hands around, used toe straps and nothing is working

So no I need real tyre levers and not those flimsy plastic things that bend at the slightest hint of pressure. Anyone got any recommendations?

tx

and breathe

Northwind

Lezyne Powerlevers for me- tried most of the other ones that come highly recommended, these are better imo. Not indestructible, I’ve snapped a couple over the years but they have the best hook ever.

scotroutes

Pedros.

I’ve never been beat by any rim/tyre combo with a Pedros lever

ianfitz
    Free Member

I have never been on a proper bike shop that didn’t sell and use pedros.

Others are ok but pedros are the ones.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Pedros…in pink.

leffeboy

tempted by some alloy lezyne ones for the garage and pedros for the rucksack – in pink of course 🙂

amplebrew

I’ve been using Schwalbe levers for ages and they’ve been spot on.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pedro’s are by far the best I’ve used.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Another +1 for pedros, best i’ve used, far superior to park tools etc (imo) and the pink does look great 😉

giantjason
    Free Member

I have used the Park Tools TL1 levers. Solid and strong and unbreakable. Bargain at £2

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/park-tool-tyre-levers-3-x-hooked-tl1/rp-prod7205

leffeboy

All is well with the world again. I calmed down, washed the blood of my hands, soaped the rims a-la-tubeless and switched to slightly narrower inner tubes and the tyre went on without levers. I’m still ordering some pedros though as 1. I wouldn’t want to get caught out in the rain and not manage a change, 2. they’re pink and 3. never disagree when there is a consensus of more than 4 STW’ers

thanks all

Northwind

FWIW Pedros were the last levers I tried against the Lezynes. Good enough to stay in the toolkit in the car, but still not as good as the powerlevers

leffeboy

ok. orders a set of each. They’re cheap, certainly cheaper that the inner tube I destroyed with the crap levers that I had. Only come in white or black though 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll personally fly to your abode and install them for you. In the summer 😛

We sell Specialized, £8, seem good, I’m not familiar with others.

leffeboy

brilliant service – do you bring an attractive assistant?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Var tyre fitting tool from sjs. A bit too long for saddle pack but ok for jersey pocket.
    And tacx tyre levers (99p from px) have a nice fine hook on the end to get them off again. Pedros are my favourite (all four colours on various saddlebags and riding packs, but they too rounded for getting under the bead of some stupidly tight combinations to remove them.

downhilldave

Have a look at this video 😉

Available from Leisure Lakes for £12.99

cynic-al
    Free Member

leffeboy – Member
    brilliant service – do you bring an attractive assistant?

Oh yes

darrenspink
    Free Member

Top peak shuttles

Have a read of this thread if you want.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tyre-bloody-levers

leffeboy

downhilldave. An hour ago I’d have scoured the internet to buy one of those. Looks great.

leffeboy

and darrenspink – thanks. There are no new threads on stw, ever (except unless they involve call girls). Was tempted by the top-peak ones as well

Tracey

Ive got the Cyclo one, had it for years. Tyres on and off in seconds without chipping my nail varnish.

rp16v
    Free Member

The new cyclo levers are great nice and wide and strong

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me some – tyre levers’ is closed to new replies.