Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recomend me a place to stay near York… ASAP
  • cp

Last minute weekend away with the other half… we need to be near York for Saturday evening, but not needing to actually stay in the City. Within a short drive would be good though.

Wont have bikes with us 🙁

Anyway, cottages, hotels, b and b’s – anything anyone can recommend?

Ta

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Where abouts in York do you need to be on Saturday eve? Could influence where you stay.

[Edit] Also what budget are you looking at?

thetallpaul
    Free Member

There are lots to choose from. Best bet is Trip Advisor or AirBnb.

The only place that I have stayed in York is the Pavillion on Fulford Road on my wedding night and it was really nice. Many be it pricey at £150?

York is fairly compact and it is easy to walk round the centre.

Driving is a bit of a pain though.
    DON’T drive over Lendal Bridge (Near the train station) as you will get fined (it’s shut to cars and lorries and not best signed).

igm

Pavilion is nice and close to a decent bike shop – Fulford Cycles.

Out of town, Hazlewood Castle is nice, or there are Premier Inn / Travelodge type places at Bilborough Top and on the ring road between the A19 and A59 if you want cheap

flapjackboy

Try Hotel Noir. Stayed last year, short walk to town. Good breakfast 😉

cp

interesting stuff so far thanks. Doesn’t have to be in York itself, up to about 10 miles would be good. Reason for being in York on sat is we’re off to the Messiah at York Minster on Sat evening.

LenHankie

+1 for The Pavilion.

lapierrelady

In York maybe Hotel 53 (newish and good reviews)

Out of York try the Tulip Inn at Burn Hall

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a place to stay near York… ASAP’ is closed to new replies.