• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recomend me a Laser measure
  • bruneep

looking at the Leica DISTO™ D2 Laser Distancemeter at screw fix £150.

Any other one to consider?

B

piha
    Free Member

Hilti do some nice ones.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I'm interested to know how accurate these are?….

piha
    Free Member

The Hilti one I use is very very good up to about 20 ~ 30 metres (depends a bit on what your measuring and how bright it is). I was a bit sceptical when they first started to become affordable but once I got one I found it to be completely accurate and now I wouldn't be without it.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Hilti, used one and it was fantastic. Can't justify the cost though as i'd actually only use it once or twice a month max as they're only really usefull for measuring rooms and nothing much else.

Think bosch do one too

slackman99
    Free Member

You'll have no problems with Leica kit. They make some superb survey kit, and from the brief experience i've had with their disto d3, it seems to be no different.

Agree that Hilti stuff is nice, but pretty expensive.

ski
    Free Member

Been using a Leica Disto A2 for the last two years, great bit of kit.

Battery life is very good compared to others I have used, avoid the cheaper sonic type btw.

Still prefer to use a tape measure for small jobs mind.

ski
    Free Member

bruneep – ygm

HeatherBash
    Free Member

The Bosch one is good

Android
    Free Member

I have the bosch, its very accurate.

Taff
    Free Member

Got the D5 here and I love it. managed a good eal on it – £300 or so with a tripod. Used the D2 before as well and it does the job just as well but obvioulsy hasn't got all the same features.

will
    Free Member

The Leica you posted at the start is very good. Use it most days at work and find it very accurate and easy to use. As well as being nice and small 🙂

yetidave
    Free Member

I'm sure that the new DISTO from leica can do areas and maybe volumes as well – great bits of kit, (I might be getting confused with one of their other toys though.)

Taff
    Free Member

The D2 does the area/volumes etcbut I don't think it does the trig stuff.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a Laser measure’ is closed to new replies.