recomend me a great whisky please !

Home Forum Chat Forum recomend me a great whisky please !

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • recomend me a great whisky please !
  • Premier Icon iwluap
    Subscriber

Buy this and work your way through it! it’s a great wee book and has single malts, blends, Scottish whisky, Indian whisky, Japanese whisky, Bourbons, all sorts! http://www.amazon.co.uk/101-Whiskies-Try-Before-You/dp/0755360834

Premier Icon DirtyLyle
    Subscriber

I’m utterly biased as I was raised about a kilometre from it, but the Ben Romach Port finish is lovely.
    Also, have a look at the Gordon and Macphail website, they’re a family owned company who’ve made their (excellent reputation) on doing interesting finishes. Some of their Speymalt Macallans are amazing.

cbmotorsport

Kavalan from Taiwan. Seriously. Delicious, and I know my malts 😀

scottyjohn

I am a Talisker drinker, but when out with a friend at the Scottish Whiskey Society recently, I tried one called “engineer’s lunchbox” which absolutely blew me away. Smelled like sitting next to a peat fire which was blowing back slightly, so smoky, and wonderful taste. I raved about it for days, but unfortunately, £60 on a bottle of whisky is too rich for me these days 🙁

Great whisky pretty much depends on what your taste – mate of mine raves about Big peat, wasn’t impressed.
    Right now I have open bottles of Auchentoshan matured in bourbon casks and unpeated and Fettercairn Fior a blend of bourbon and sherry casks, one of the malts being heavily peated.
    Totally different, both winners IMHO
    oh and I’d recommend this

and one of these

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

+1 on the Glencairn glass. Every home should have one. Or two. I think I’ve got about a dozen now. (-:

Premier Icon mccann.ben
    Subscriber

I reccomend trying a Glenrothes.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a great whisky please !’ is closed to new replies.