Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recomend me a good chain device
  • scraprider
    Free Member

please for alpine 160 , are the superstar £17.00 any good.
    cheers guys.

kayak23

Single ring or double? Double and bash?
    Single naked or with bash?

Edit – Looking at Superstar site, you mean the single lower roller type ones.

Essentially yes, they are ok, but in my opinion not quite as good as the Blackspire Stinger which they emulate. The roller is better quality on the Blackspire imho.

The Blackspire has a stepped roller. In the Granny ring the chain goes up onto the higher part next to the backplate, on the bigger ring it drops into the ‘gulley’.
    Better…
    You’ll also need a bash ring.

scraprider
    Free Member

double ring , has a bash on it already, is it correct to assume i will need isg and b/b fit , soz im a noob at this.frame is 2010 alpine.

kayak23

If you have ISCG tabs on the frame then I guess its most likely they’ll be iscg-05, if not, then you need a BB-mount guide.

Don’t worry if you run into fitting problems, its not unusual in the world of chainguides! 😕

scraprider
    Free Member

yea isg tabs are on the frame , for 17 squid its gotta be worth a punt, many thanks for your help cheers dude.

james
    Free Member

Blackspire is ‘only’ £22 from CRC if you’re thinking the superstar is a bargain/blackspire will be pricey

zerocool

The Superstar dual chain device is working well on my Alpine. The GF has had a Blackspire one on several of her bikes for years so I figured I’d get one but they were out of stock. The SS one has run perfectly and the main use for this bike is DH duties with a bit of uphill,

scraprider
    Free Member

nice one cheers lads , SS one orderd. 8)

Bagstard
    Free Member

Alpine 160 IS ISCG old, not 05.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a good chain device’ is closed to new replies.