Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Recomend me a completely impractical but very cool car
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ogg what on earth is it?

dooosuk
    Free Member

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

It’s a Mini Marcos – unless i’m very much mistaken…

kiwijohn

I was going to say Capri before I even clicked. How about an RS3100? not exactly common.

Ogg

Yep it’s a mini marcos.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

First things first. Jap hot hatches are not cool. Not ever. An Integrale wipes the floor with an Impretza as far as cool goes. FACT.

One day I will have an Alfa Romeo. Just about any Alfa will do, TBH, but on Autotrader right now, are 2 exampes of the only car to ever stop me dead in my tracks. I nearly crashed into the central reserve as I filtered off a roundabout right next to one, near Camberley. I need one. Badly. If I had the £20k right now, I’d buy this UK spec car today.

Alfa SZ

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And another £20k for the maintenance…

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Indeed. Worth every penny.
    😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I think Alfas are ugly. So there.

aways fancied a landy, like mountaibiking but without the fitness or need for functioning knees.

Fat idiotic Brummies standing about trying to work out how to get their stupid heaps of junk through some muddy puddle so they can mangle up another bit of perfectly good trail whilst their bored family stare out of the windows in the back looking hideously embarrassed.

“Let’s OFF ROAD! Yeah!”

🙄

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

That Alfa is ugly. Never been a fan.

acjim
    Free Member

Dream motors in that range for me… (note the 80s bias!)

BMW E30 M3

Porsche 911 sc

stumpy01

erm……..take a relatively practical supermini…..throw away the back seats, stick a V6 in and make it not that much faster than your ‘normal’ top-of-the-range and still practical version, et voila….

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Minibusa. Yours for 12k.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

cant access youtube, guess its similarly silly tot he R1 mini (for sale somewhere for arround 10k i believe)

acjim
    Free Member

good call on the clio v6!

stumpy01

I’m sure that mini is great fun, but I never understand the point of a video showing a car on a dyno….it’s not going aywhere. It doesn’t tell you how fast it is, or how well ot goes round corners.

Nice noise on the overrun though….

Cheers acjim….even though it’s French, I’ve always liked the idea of one. That or a racing Puma…..

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Yes very similar. Zcars is the company that makes them, there’s a MK1 golf on youtube with a hayabusa engine in it too.
    Z Cars – for sale.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ebay is a cruel and unrelenting mistress…………………….

we’ll see how the bidding goes

Olly
    Free Member

Fiat 500 Arbarth would be a right giggle i think.
    not super quick, certainly not practical, but pretty perfect off the shelf car for terrorising the countryside wildlife?

[edit] having seen the minibusa video, i stand corrected!
    bwarp!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Z cars brought some of their mini’s to a race meeting we had.

I thought ‘COOL! these look awesome, can’t wait to see them in action’ Man! how everyone was dissapointed!

They were truly rubbish. Overpriced, rubbish handling (really really rubbish handling) and therefore not very fast on the track at all. Would be absolutely dreadful on a normal road. Seems like a great idea but it just doesn’t work.

I do still think they look cool though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The only thing that makes a car cool is the view of the owner, no-one elses view matters. Go buy something you like.

markenduro
    Free Member

Sierra Cosworth or a Merc 180 -2.3 16v with the cosworth developed merc 4 pot in. 80’s-tastic

clump
    Free Member

BMW Z3M Coupe. The only slight issue is that it is a very practical small estate car- can get bikes on the roofrack and a dog in the boot, if I must.
    Does not like damp corners though 😀

NZCol

I almost bought a Clio v6 in 2006. Was fantastic fun and moderately pratical (he kids himself) the killer blow was I couldn;t get it down my drive and into my garage at the time without probably removing the front spoiler, exhaust system etc. So unless I moved house wouldn’t have worked. I thought about moving house. It was an impressive car though and something quite unique.

CHB

Another one lusting after an Z3M coupe please. in Metallic blue if possible.
    Guy I used to work with had one, never seen anything so gawky looking and cool.

Nick

£16k?

daveevs
    Free Member

Any Alfa V6?

Big, leather lined 166?

Or 80’s ugly 75?

markenduro
    Free Member

Jaguar XJR, latest shape aluminium bodyshell models (2004 on) can now be had for that sort of money, 4.2 V8 supercharged and absolutely fantastic to drive, can be driven about round town like a granny or like a getaway car, a cracking long distance mile eater with everything as standard. My mate had the old shape one and we got to Italy a lot quicker than we should have done and still averaged around 20mpg.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nick, is that the DeLorean that was in Machynlleth?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

lovin the DMC!

56 minutes to go

its red

is convertible

its a boxxer engine

its for the 80’s

richardk
    Free Member

£14K gets you a damn good 911. 1987-1989 3.2 version. Air-cooled so always going to be cool. Perfect for daily driver, occasional track day trips, and if you push it – regular trips sideways into the scenery.

here you go
    http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/926297.htm

Also available in (proper) Guards Red for that true 80s look.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

must resist…………………………………..

Nick

dunno Captain, just googled it and found a couple for sale

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

that porche costs £4K to insure! its £5K before i even get to a company ive ever heard of!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The car I’m looking at had litteraly, horsepower, when it first came out

Jimbo
    Free Member

Alfa SZs aren’t that bad to maintain, with most of the important oily bits are from the Alfa 75. Yes they themselves are more expensive than, say, the Ford/BMW equivalent, but they’re not *that* bad.

The real headaches begin with the bespoke-for-SZ parts i.e. bodywork, headlamps, WINDSCREENS etc, which are as rare as rocking horse poo, and massively (£1K+ for a windscreen) when they do appear.

For a real test of your petrolheadedness/manliness, I’d suggest Maserati 3200GT, which are available for £14K with change. Just be prepared for the running costs, which are greater than the V8 Ferraris.

alwyn
    Free Member

or

richardk
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – you’re just far too young then 😉

oomidamon

Jimbo – great minds! I was just going to post this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/888369.htm

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

that masserati is making me cry, its just so pretttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a completely impractical but very cool car’ is closed to new replies.