Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recomend a cheap DJ/Singlespeed chain
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

Okay so I have a neat but retro Identiti Dr Jeckyll in the garage with a very tatty old chain, which is just a smidge too slack now I’ve fitted the single speed kit.

I’d like a nice shiny new chain, but I don’t want to spend more than a tenner, (the bike will probably be up for sale soon) I want to pay by paypal. I don’t want to get into the minutiae of singlespeed chains.

The chainring and sprocket are pretty beefy (ruktion/gusset) but not BMX beefy.

I have couple of sprocket sizes, that’s pretty much the limit of the adjustment I have available (vertical dropouts, std BB)

What can you recommend?

watsontony
    Free Member

i have a spank tweet tweet halflink chain thats seen about 50 miles use before i got gears. yours for a tenner posted. and its shiny purple 🙂 i also have a 28t front sprocket

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Thanks Tony – but purple wouldn’t look right on this bike – I need to stick with shiny silver I think. The cranks are convention 4 arm DH cranks so I can’t run a diddy front ring either, but then it’s a retroish build , so that’s okay.

charliedontsurf

Damned good kmc z610

PayPal is cool… £13 but I have cheaper ones too.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/kmc-z610-hx-chain-332-41-p.asp

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I like the black rivets i Think I’ll give one of those a shot – thanks Charlie. I don’t know why I didn’t just head to your page in the first place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recomend a cheap DJ/Singlespeed chain’ is closed to new replies.