Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Recipes you have made up.
  • righog
    Free Member

Ice cream Volcano

Big tub of ice cream. Mound up in the middle of a massive plate.

lots of egg whites Beaten, and smoothed over the Ice cream

Big Blow torch, attack the egg white with fire ( meringue )

Hand out lots of spoons

attack and eat the Volcano

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I have many “recipes for disaster”.

Vodka Milkshake for example.

molgrips
    Free Member

I tried this once:

Loads of tomatoes, couple of peppers and some chilis, put in a casserole dish in the oven, lid off part way through. Blend the resulting roasted mush into a paste and spread on chicken which you then grill.

Lovely.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    waveydavey
    Free Member

Barbecue sauce, tuna and pasta.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Fry mushrooms, garlic, bacon, add creme fraiche, lemon juice and chopped parsley – add to cooked pasta, season and eat.

Stoner
    Free Member

Take a large portobello mushroom and cut in half. Make a sandwich of the two halves and a slice of blue cheese of your choice. Wrap in good bacon.

Stand sandwich up on flat edge.

Bake in oven.

spud-face

plus

on

My new shit-weather comfort-meal

(A double decker one, of course)

alfabus
    Free Member

Ice cream Volcano

Stick a sponge in there, and you’ve ‘invented’ baked alaska 😉

ocrider

Not my own, but something that my sister concocted

Peanut and salted caramel topped eclair with a peanut butter creme filling.
    As she says “Look like shit. Taste like heaven.”

Nick

We came up with one last night, nice party food.

Take some cherry tomatoes, some mozzarella balls and some small basil leaves.

Cut the toms in half, cut the mozz in half, stick them together with a basil leaf in between using a cocktail stick to hold them together.

Yum

steve-g
    Free Member

The bacon and peanut butter sandwich

steve-g
    Free Member

Oh, and for xmas leftovers pork (not pulled) and sprout risotto, sprouts are the perfect risotto veg as the retain some crunch

teasel
    Free Member

Any cut of leftover roast beef (or any meat, I reckon). Finely shred it (pulled, if you’re feeling trendy).

Red hot frying pan, butter and garlic-flavoured olive oil, throw in the beef agitating occasionally until it’s turned crisp/dark brown. Remove from pan.

Add sugar, salt and a little peeper. Wait for the sugar to turn golden brown and stir in a healthy dose of Schwartz Jamaican Jerk seasoning. Throw the beef back in and stir until it’s coated with the pan mixture. Toss onto a plate and serve with mash, noodles or whatever takes your fancy/is in your cupboard.

Spicy crispy lovelyness…!

teasel
    Free Member

The bacon and peanut butter sandwich

Legend has it that Elvis, in the early hours after a weed sesh, was telling a room of zoned-out people the pleasures of a hollowed-out bread roll filled with peanut butter and stuffed with crispy smoked bacon, available at his favourite eatery in Maine.

Elvis : “..and you have never tried anything li…y’know what ?! **** it – I’m gonna fly y’all there right now so you can try it for y’self.

And he did.

Allegedly.

8)

JulianA
    Free Member

Quail and Octopus in Calvados and Squid ink-soaked apples.

(I just made that up)

wallop

Many variations of meat and lentils, all started on a base of fried pancetta, chopped mushrooms and sliced leeks – umami heaven.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Pizzbeg

Small pizza, scrambles egg. Serve with beans.

Budget fullness

xherbivorex
    Free Member

iced seabird in cactus fat.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cheese and marmalade omelette in a pitta bread. Sharp cheese like Feta and suitable marmalade. Mmmmm.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Moroccan Shepherds Pie

Lamb mince and or finely chopped lamb neck, fried up with onions, stock, cinnamon, cumin seeds, dried apricots or prunes, olives
    Topped off with mashed sweet potato or (more authentically) cous cous if you can find a way of making it stick together.

Haven’t got round to making this yet but reckon it would be ace!

BigJohn

Don’t forget the “jelly”, as the mercans call it.

Foods that work well together unexpectedly
    64 posts & 62 voices | Started 1 month ago by pondo | Latest reply from ragger
    Add this topic to your favorites (?)
    Tags:No tags yet.
    Pages: « Previous12

BigJohn – Member
    On all day rides I usually take Elvis sandwiches.

Streaky bacon, peanut butter and apricot jam on crispy cob. Or roll, as other regions might call it.

bearnecessities

Drop a spot of brown sauce in baked beans to transform them.

Wrap lasagne in white bread for a calorific taste sensation.

Drop a load of peppered mackerel into some brown spaghetti, cucumber and lemon juice.

(I managed to make a post not about house renovation!)

wallop

Streaky bacon, peanut butter and apricot jam on crispy cob. Or roll, as other regions might call it.

I don’t have my glasses on, and read that as “as other pigeons might call it”.

garage-dweller

A variety of almost and actually non authentic pasta dishes and various connotations on child friendly curry.

I guess 80% of what I cook as main meals has a degree of made up as I go along about it.

Recent pasta favorite:
    Diced chorizo
    diced pepper
    Halved cherry Tom’s
    fresh chili finely sliced
    Some chili flakes
    Fry for a few minutes in olive oil

Tip the whole lot into some freshly cooked pasta (fusilli works nicely) and if necessary add a little more oil to loosen it up.

Add cheese when serving.

nostoc
    Free Member

1) tahini toast topper (recipe on request)
    2) leeks done in the oven with mustard

Legend has it that Elvis, in the early hours after a weed sesh, was telling a room of zoned-out people the pleasures of a hollowed-out bread roll filled with peanut butter and stuffed with crispy smoked bacon, available at his favourite eatery in Maine.

My understanding of “the sandwich that killed Elvis” was of one consisting of bacon, cheese and jam. However, google seems to concur around bacon, peanut butter and banana. Not sure either source is reliable

bigblackshed

Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches are all sorts of wrong but strangely nice.

A friend of mine, back in bed sit days, used to do a tuna, tomato sauce, salad cream and cheddar toasty thing. Grate the cheese and mix it together with the tuna, tom sauce and salad cream. Spread it on toast and return to the grill. I’ve never managed to get the ratios quite right. His were a thing of beauty, especially after a few beers.

I mix my own pilau rice seasoning in a big jar. Then The Wife can do the rice if I’m out.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Xherbivorex – What species of seabird would you recommend?
    I’m thinking Blue Footed Booby for its obvious abundance?
    It would surely only be a seagull if it was going in a late night seabird kebab?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Recipes you have made up.’ is closed to new replies.