Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recent YT delivery times
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

Does anyone know how YT are with their delivery predictions these days? I’ve heard that a few years ago they often were delayed. Just ordered a bike from them and they reckon it could take up to 12 days, is that likely to be accurate as I need to plan a holiday shortly after this at some point.

I do wonder if their German efficiency will be offset by the fact that they’re mountain bikers.

Tom KP

parkedtiger
    Free Member

I recently ordered an AL2 – the predicted dispatch date was four weeks away but it arrived in under 5 days. I don’t think communication is their strong point, as they then confirmed it had been dispatched around two weeks after it had arrived.

gonzy
    Free Member

have them send it to me OP… 😉

johni
    Free Member

I’ll tell you at the end of the month when my Capra is due…. The wait is killing me.

gonzy
    Free Member

quick question for all you who have posted on here.
    my nephew placed an order for an AL1 last week
    he chose to pay by bank transfer. they then emailed him an order confirmation along with an order number.
    they also instructed him that within 1-2 days they will contact him again with instructions on how to make the payment…my guess is to give him their account details
    he hasnt heard anything from them since the order was confirmed. then last night he logged onto his user account on YT’s website and it said that he had no orders.
    if any of you has paid by bank transfer, i’d appreciate it if you could tell me what the process involved and whether we need to re-order or should we get in touch with them to chase up the existing order.
    thanks

johni
    Free Member

I used Transfer Wise as it was much cheaper than bank transfer. Very easy too.

I placed my order and received the confirmation and payment instructions. Once the transfer reached them they confirmed the order via email again.

I’ve just checked now and my order shows in my account.

I’m getting the AL1 too.

Bedds
    Free Member

I ordered the Capra Comp 1 on the 4th June, I was told originally the build date was going to be week 32.

(as a point of fact, the date you get when placing the order is the week that they intend to build the bike, delivery will then be up to 12 working days later).

I paid immediately and the confirmation email was trapped in my spam filter.

The bike arrived last week (so about 5 weeks early) without notification, my account on the YT site still says unprocessed. I believe delivery is normally 5 days to the UK, the 12 days is there to give breathing space in case of hold ups.

Speaking to the people I know who have Capras of varying specs and models, the only two things in common are that they have arrived early and the communication from YT has been dire.

I do know the Pro ones (Bos suspension)have delays currently due to supplier issues however..

There is a YT UK facebook group but it’s typically full of people complaining about tiny scratches, lack of communications and long delivery times.

Their communication ispoor, but I think this is due to the company having become too successful too soon. It’s worth it though, I’m really chuffed with mine (despite there being a mark on the rear stay *gasp*)

zero-cool
    Free Member

Just a quick update, Yt Capra CF Pro was supposed to be built and dispatched at some point this week. Haven’t heard anything from YT, last week they said they couldn’t confirm when it would be dispatched as a 3rd party build up their bikes for them. Emailed today asking for the tracking number. No reply, but it was ok because the tracking number was on the box when it was delivered just after lunch! Hurrah!

Then YT emailed to say they’d up date us with the tracking number soon.

So overall, delivered well ahead of schedule, so ta YT, but not so good at the communication bit.

Ps – bike looks pimp and everything worked

Tom KP

johni
    Free Member

Update from me. My bike arrived yesterday 24th Aug. It was due to ship on 26th Aug so arrived early. No notification from YT and their website still says my order has not yet been processed.

I don’t have a problem with it being early though! 🙂

zero-cool
    Free Member

Here’s hoping they accident my deliver a second one on the right date

chrishc777
    Free Member

Both the people I know with Capras have now cracked them. YT aren’t answering either of their emails…

Thought maybe they were unlucky but it seems their communication isn’t briliant then from this thread.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recent YT delivery times’ is closed to new replies.