Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recent (within 25 years) experience of hiring boards around Nevis?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Looking increasingly likely that we might join the migrating hordes after Christmas and head up to Scotland.

My last experience trying to hire snowboard in Fort william involved multiple trips between the Fort and nevis in a state of increasing agitation and stress desperately trying to find one or other kit in a variety of shops.
    After that trip I went and bought skis, and we’ve also always bought skis, boots etc for the kids so we don’t waste time in the hell that is (Scottish) ski hire facilities.

But now the kids are both too big for Rocces boots ( the single finest item of kit ever invented for family skiing) and all the skis we had left are now about cheb height to the kids.

Not going to buy for one trip, but also don’t want to set expectations for the family if we won’t actually be able to hire kit up there at short notice.

So, getting to the point eventually, how easy/ possible/ quick is it to rent a kids boots and board and skis and boots at nevis range these days?

Ta

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Also.
    <NotVeryStealthAdd> Anyone got a board suitable for a small 14 year old to sell?

littledave
    Free Member

Hi,
    Does it have to be Nevis Range?
    I have not hired kit in Scotland however my observations are that there are more hire options at Glenshee and Cairngorm than other resorts.
    Hire is only one aspect of choice obviously.

I believe that the only option for hire at Nevis Range is the centre itself, others may know more.
    Stock is limited at Scottish resorts, I would always recommend booking in advance.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nevisport in town used to hire kit, but no idea if they still do.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Does it have to be Nevis Range?

It seemed like the best option as a base now thag Cairngorm is completely ****.

andrewh
    Free Member

Not done at the Fort but adult stuff at Glencoe was an absolute doddle if that’s any use, loads to chose from so got boots which fitted and decent skis really easily.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Sounds promising. I have a memory etched in my mind of the woman in front of me at the Glencoe ticket office at 12:30 one Saturday years ago angrily demanding a refund for the day passes that she had bought 4 1/2 hours earlier. She’d spent the entire intervening time stood in the queue for ski hire and when she eventually got to the front they had run out.😟

jacobff

Hired skis at Nevis range in Feb 2019, easy and quick but we were there about 8:30am.

I love the Nevis range, it’s such a different experience to European groomed resorts. Take an open mind and have a great trip.

vintagewino
    Free Member

@thegeneralist, your Glencoe hire instincts are correct, absolute mare at the best of times. Near Glenshee the Cabin Ski Hire is really good (https://www.thecabinskihire.co.uk/) but they don’t do snowboards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recent (within 25 years) experience of hiring boards around Nevis?’ is closed to new replies.