Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • recent fitwheels purchases – invoice/quote v final delivered cost?
  • nedrapier

Shopping for wheels, got a quote from fitwheels.

I thought they would exclude tax, which would be charged at UK rates by customs with handling fee. Someone on here said there was an extra charge on the UK side which he reckoned was about what tax would be.

But fitwheels say they pay UK tax their end, which I know some companies do, I just didn’t know if it was the exception or the rule.

How much extra did you pay on top of the invoice paid to fitwheels? Be good to know what I’m getting myself into before I commit.

Thank you, Boris. ****.

SirHC

What wheels are you looking at ?

mashr

Fitwheels invoiced me without tax. Ordered last month. They should only be paying tax if your order is below £135. They could have switched how they are doing it of course, would be odd though. If they are doing the tax bit then that would be the cost to your house that’s being quoted

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nedrapier

cheers mashr, bit confusing then. Hmm. I’ll try and clarify with them.

joebristol

I thought overseas companies on the whole had to register with U.K. HMRC and charge the 20% VAT at source and pay it over to HMRC. The duty however will be charged seperately depending on which courier they use. Royal Mail charge before delivering on the whole – but UPS might send you an invoice later.

I think the whole thing is still a mess and hardly anyone knows what they are doing. Pot luck what you will actually pay!

tomhoward

I thought overseas companies on the whole had to register with U.K. HMRC and charge the 20% VAT at source and pay it over to HMRC.

That’s for orders under £135.

mashr

Have you been in touch with Fitwheels or are you just looking at the site? I found that they were really good via email

malv173
    Free Member

I’m currently waiting on a delivery of a pair of wheels from fitwheels. According to the UPS app they should be with me next Tuesday. I’ll update you if/when I get charged on delivery, or not.

FWIW I’ve bought some EX511s on 350 hubs at around $450.

nedrapier

Cheers Malv! Exactly what I’m looking at!

When did you put your order in?

nedrapier

$ = GBP or EUR?

malv173
    Free Member

@nedrapier the order went in on the 1st May. So I’m pretty happy with the turnaround. And it was meant to be £450, not dollars!

malv173
    Free Member

Update! I’ve taken delivery of the wheels today. Not charged by the UPS delivery driver. So thus far it’s just the fitwheels invoice cost (including shipping). I’ll update if I get an email/ message requesting payment.

nedrapier

That’s good news! And about a week to deliver? Also good news!

Alex

I’ve had mine over a week (really nicely built wheels, pre-taped, very happy with them) and UPS invoice as yet. But a mate of mine had a UPS delivery in Feb and had the demand 2 weeks later. So not sure I’m out of the woods yet.

mashr

The UPS invoice comes via email when the goods land in the country. In other words you’re all a bunch a ****s as I certainly did get one……… ****s

😉

malv173
    Free Member

I’m still expecting to be invoiced, but it’s in the hands of the good now!

Maybe this is the legacy of Brexit. No **** knows what’s going on, who should pay what, or when!

Sorry @mashr! There’s still time for this a**** to be charged! 😉

nedrapier

Seems it depends what you ask them to do. You can pay fitweels inc tax, and they’ll mark the package for UPS to collect the tax from them, or you pay net of tax, and they’ll mark the package for UPS to contact you for the tax. Due to me not being clear enough, they charged me net. fingers crossed all I’ll get charged for is the tax. EUR 39 to UPS for the shipping should be enough to co cover pushing a bit of money around!

Will confirm in a few days.

malv173
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you! Not got my wheels on the bike, but they seem to be very nicely put together. And the tubeless taping is perfect. Got my Onza Ibex 2.4 mounted first time with a yeah pump! Waiting on a new front tyre and then it’s fun time!

integra

Had an absolute nightmare with UPS recently, frame stuck in their depot for a month with no communication from them about paying taxes. Keep an eye on the tracking info and don’t rely on them to contact you.
    Good luck.

nedrapier

def got my eye on the tracking, ta! Fingers crossed for an experience more like malv’s!

nedrapier

UPS told me I owe them £83. which is the VAT plus £11somehting “brokerage”

So pay fitwheels inc. VAT, they’ll pay VAT on request to UPS, and presumably avoid the extra £11 “brokerage”

Still cheaper than any other way of getting those wheels built up, though, including getting the bits and doing it myself.

mashr

That’s the way to do it, I had totted up the final bill and was happy with it – avoiding the tax was just a potential bonus

malv173
    Free Member

That doesn’t seem like too bad an outcome @nedrapier.

I’ve just had a look at my invoice again, and it did include tax of about 90 euros, and shipping costs. So that’s why I’ve not been billed 🙄

But as in your case, I couldn’t argue with the overall cost. Very good value for money.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘recent fitwheels purchases – invoice/quote v final delivered cost?’ is closed to new replies.