Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Recommend me trail running shoes under £30
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Preferably ones that can handle roads on the way to trails so not massive mud smashing beasts.

Newbie to this trail running malarkey and have been using my road running shoes for a while but decided to stick at it so worth getting a pair.

Went to SD hoping to get a pair of those Salomon XR but they didn’t have any.

Bregante

At that price have a look at moremile cheviots on start fitness. Or possibly some Adidas Kanadias for a few quid more (funny fit though)

gonzy
    Free Member

Or possibly some Adidas Kanadias for a few quid more (funny fit though)

ive always found the Kanadias a good fit. i picked up a pair of the Kanadia TR3 GTX for £30 4 years ago. they’re only just starting to die on me now….so i’ve bought a pair of the Kanadia TR7 GTX.
    you need to go a size up on them though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CraigW
    Free Member

Check TK Maxx, they had some Brooks Cascadia for £30.

yunki
    Free Member

If you have small feet I’ve a couple of pairs of unworn Nike wild horse that I’d like to get rid of..

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers folks

Size 10 I’m afraid

gonzy
    Free Member
    Bregante

I’m a 45 and even 47’s were far too small for me around the toe box in Kanadias.

andy3809
    Free Member

Sports direct have some Salomon trail trainers in for £25

gonzy
    Free Member

I’m a 45 and even 47’s were far too small for me around the toe box in Kanadias.

have you got extra long toes Bregante? they must come in handy when chasing down Salford scallys!! 😛

Bregante

have you got extra long toes Bregante? they must come in handy when chasing down Salford scallys!!

If only…

gonzy
    Free Member

^^ ouch!! my boss is wearing something similar at the moment after having keyhole surgery to repair his ACL….hang on…you’re not him are you?? 😯

<<logs off>>

Bregante

😀

avdave2

When I clicked on this thread I didn’t even know I needed some trail running shoes but somehow I now seem to have bought a pair of the Kanadias. 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

When I clicked on this thread I didn’t even know I needed some trail running shoes but somehow I now seem to have bought a pair of the Kanadias

i love them. i’ve had other trail shoes by other brands but none felt or fitted as well as these.
    currently got these..

i also want a pair in this colour..

also have a pair of these but they are nearly dead after 4 years of good service..

Bregante

Back to work you!

scandal42
    Free Member

Got a pair of cheap Adidas Slingshot trail.

Thanks for the suggestions, despite me ignoring every single one of them.

GregMay
    Free Member

Walsh have a 50% sale on at the moment.

gonzy
    Free Member

Back to work you!

😆

surfer
    Free Member

Good PSA Greg that brings a pair down to about £35. I cant wear them they are too narrow and prefer Inov8 or Nikes but for that price a bargain.
    They are for fells or XC running rather than trail though

granny_ring

andy3809, that’s a good link. Have you got these if so any idea how they size up?

Kuco

I’ve got 2 pairs of Adidas TR7 and several Salomon and much prefer the Salomon. Have used them on the road up to 10k and used them in OCR’s. I’ve just bought some more of Sports Direct as they were going cheap.

And i’ve just got some Salomon quick laces to replace the normal laces in the Shift as I much prefer the Salomon system.

Mole
    Free Member

CraigW has it-brooks Cascadia 10 at tk Maxx £30-bargain. Don’t think anything comes close at that money.

stox
    Free Member
    julzm
    Free Member

I’ve got those salomon xr in a 5. I’m normally a 4.5 – 5 but these are a bit tight in the toe box area. Funnily enough my salomon hiking boots were the same, I got a size bigger in those. Probably a half size bigger is about right.

Shop told me they’re small made.

grahamt1980

Salomons are great, but do people not find that the later contagrip soles are more than a bit slippy when it gets damp.
    I am using my Asic’s goretex ones for off road at the moment, but looking at the merrell terra ones for my next pair.

steeble
    Free Member

Sports direct have a bunch of salomon shoes for £30 or less. I just got a pair of xr mission for £30 a few weeks ago

ross980
    Free Member

Preferably ones that can handle roads on the way to trails so not massive mud smashing beasts.

Then don’t follow this advice:

At that price have a look at moremile cheviots on start fitness

Granted the Cheviots are cheap and great in mud – really grippy. They’re off-road only IMHO and bloody awful on hard surfaces, it’s like running with moulded stud football boots on – but maybe OK if you’re into the whole minimalist/no cushioning thing.
    For £30 you should be able to get something from <whispers> S***** D*****. My old New Balance ones were OK and around that price.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me trail running shoes under £30’ is closed to new replies.