Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reccomend me a cordless impact wrench
  • nasher
    Free Member

Seen plenty on ebay for the 50-60 quid mark

Or should I spend an extra 100 for a ryobi?

Or something else?

mehr
    Free Member

The Makita 285z is the king of Impact wrenches (I use one for work), however you can now get fake ones which take makita batteries, a few people at work have them and they do the job Ebay I’d buy one of them and a makita battery. Should come to about £85 with a real Makita 5ah battery. You can then also get the fake drills and drivers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    PePPeR

I’d second the Makita copy impact driver, they’re really good for the money.

finishthat
    Free Member

Maybe explain what you intend to use it for? Wheel nuts or self tapping screws?

Northwind

I have that Makita copy, it does work but there’s absolutely no way it’s got the torque of the real thing- it fails on nuts that my other gun can handle. Still, it’s been handy as a spare/better than nothing, and I already had makita batteries. I definitely wouldn’t buy it if I wasn’t already in the whole lxt ecosystem.

(ah but the copy angle grinders, I love those- how nice it is to have 2 tools loaded up with different discs or brushes…)

This is my main one, it’s not amazing but it’s pretty effective and has had a fair amount of use. Just occasionally I’ve needed to break out a bar to start things moving but it was strong enough to, frinstance, tear all the M10 bolts on my rear sway bar in half when they were too corroded to undo. You can buy the same gun under different brands which is always a sign of craftsmanship

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Storm-Force-20v-Cordless-1-2-Impact-Wrench-01031-Gun-inc-four-sockets/322081258487?epid=28033925596&hash=item4afd89fbf7:g:wY8AAOSwK-NbYXnf

No doubt when it dies I’ll go Makita but again, that decision’s so much about what you already have or don’t have. Ryobi do at least one tool that I want, that Draper don’t so that’s a bummer.

eskay

The real Makita is an amazing piece of kit

garage-dweller

What do you want it for?

Biffing in 6mm wood screws for a bit of structural woodwork or doing a quick wheel change on a track car?

I’ve got a small MacAllister one from b and q. For light DIY duties (deck building, making some trestles, a little bit of structural style timber) it’s more than adequate. It’d benefit from another battery but otherwise it’s good enough.

deserter
    Free Member

I’m a heavy duty mechanic and we use Milwaukee they are amaze balls, we barely use our air tools any more, they get hammered 24/7 and hold up really well

CHB
    nasher
    Free Member

Will be using it for maintenance of our Van’s… wheels, caliper bolts and a few stubborn bolts etc..

finishthat
    Free Member

Biggest toughest 1/2in drive you can find then. Maybe there is an offering in batteries you already have?

Tiger6791

I can’t recommend one but I can advise against the one I have

I bought the Bosch Pro GDR and regret it 🤔 (it wasn’t great from day 1 and is currently at Bosch being repaired after 2 months)

trail_rat
    Free Member

impact driver is not impact wrench.

what the op describes as a use case is firmly in the wrench catagory.

Tiger6791

impact driver is not impact wrench.

what the op describes as a use case is firmly in the wrench catagory.

The Bosch is supposed to be a ‘wrench’ and comes with a 1/2″ square drive and a mythical 250Nm

It is however useless wouldn’t undo an oversized bra and then broke and I’m back on the old Air windy gun…

https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/bosch-gds-18-v-ec-250-18v-high-torque-impact-wrench-body-only

Ben_mw

Milwaukee they are amaze balls

https://www.bigredpowertools.co.uk/milwaukee-m18braiw-0?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7OnxBRCNARIsAIW53B9vRKMRf2levivZKxux2UpbHvemPpKjO9gllnVTt-Ipp3ER03at_B4aAmOMEALw_wcB

We’ve one of these at work and it really is good, though possibly a bit over budget as you’d need a battery and charger too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a cordless impact wrench’ is closed to new replies.