Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reccomend me a campsite in France
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Off for 2 weeks in June/ July.. Will be taking the Bikes, the Mrs and the Dog, so need reccomendations of where is good..

Any ideas???

Cheers all..

mrsflash
    Free Member

Where in France? this has some of the best views of any campsite I have been.

ianv
    Free Member

lake matemale, Pyranees Orientale, just below Les Angles 2 bike parks within 20 mins bike ride. La Molina spain abt 40 mins by car. Very decent XC from the site.

Decent site nice location, can be busy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

Not sure of where yet, just wanna get some ideas first…

Stoner
    Free Member
    Muke
    Free Member

The camping version of STW covers France as well as the uk.

Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

Went camping in Chamonix last July, can’t get better views than that, top class camp site here http://www.chamonix-camping.com/
    Plenty of trails from green to black grade there too, but mostly on the hardcore side. Loads to see and do if you get tired of the bike too.

Stop off in Epernay on the way down and sample the delights of the Champagne region http://www.epernay.fr/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=7

M.

mrsflash
    Free Member

The campsite I mentioned above was spotted by us in the highlights of the Paris-Nice last stage the other day. (just thought I’d throw that in, no real reason).

richc
    Free Member

LoL small world, I 2nd Florac really nice campsite and great place (not sure how good it is for riding though) I found it by total accident though by randomly picking it out of a camping book

kevonakona
    Free Member

Congac has a great municipal site with pool and two years ago they laid on the second last day of the tour to pass by just for me, which was nice. They also lay on free cognac tasting, which was very nice, but too much makes mrs koak puke inside tents, which, as you may guess, is not very nice.

kaiser
    Free Member

If you want to pay peanuts and often get a wonderful campsite (without frills) look for the camping municipale signs ………mostly peaceful/cheap and well equipped. If you want all family frills ignore it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a campsite in France’ is closed to new replies.