Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • reccomend a hotel
  • crankboy
    Free Member

I am looking for a recommendation for somewhere nice to take crankygirl for valentines/her birthday needs to be within a couple of hours of Leeds and do really nice food .

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The black swan in ravenstonedale.

Ticks all the boxes.

crankboy
    Free Member

Thanks that looks just the ticket.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Lovely rooms in the Victorian part of the building, all decorated befitting the building, real fires in the bar, lovely beers the bar,
    Superb food in the restaurant.
    Not stuffy posh either.

Enjoy if you go.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Charles Bathurst Inn up near Reeth. Not the cheapest of place’s but cracking food and a lovely part of the world.

woody21
    Free Member

Hassop Hotel, near Bakewell

john_drummer
    Free Member

don’t know about the food but Marriott Hollins Hall Hotel in Baildon is nice. 20 mins from Leeds by train (ok nearest station is Guiseley). If the food’s no good then La Rue in Saltaire is worth a visit

Mackem
    peterfile
    Free Member

Crab and Lobster!!!

That would get you some serious brownie points

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Update on Hollins Hall food – 😥 am a member of the Golf Club there and have eaten once in their restaurant, never will again!

john_drummer
    Free Member

before we moved to Baildon we had a one night stay at Hollins Hall. Nice hotel. thing was, it was NYE, so the restaurant was booked out to the YEP NYE party (they didn’t tell me that when I booked!), so we never got to eat there. got a pizza from Guiseley then walked down the hill to The Woolpack in Esholt, where we had a really good evening.

the problem with living in any particular area, you don’t really know where the “good” hotels are, as you don’t normally need them!

I can recommend a nice hotel in Dublin. and one in Carrick-on-Shannon. And one near Hadrian’s Wall. Canmore, Kamloops, Vancouver? Yes. But Leeds? not a clue

crankboy
    Free Member

Just got back from The black swan in ravenstonedale. Thanks for the recommendation. Our judgment may have been coloured by the bottle of prosecco on arrival arranged by my brother or by it being our first weekend on our own since crankbrat’s arrival but it was lovely.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘reccomend a hotel’ is closed to new replies.