Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rebuilding SRAM Level T Levers
  • submarined
    Free Member

Right, I’m probably bring an idiot.
    Trying to take apart a Level T lever to solve the common lever jamming issue, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the blade off.

Both sides look like the end of the pin has been mushroomed.

View post on imgur.com

Am I missing something?
    Are these non dismantle-able?!

blastit
    Free Member

On my guides they have a allen/torx key bolt on inside of the lever that holds the shaft in place so it rotates on end bushes/bearings. Undo that and push out shaft.

nickdavies

As above, pinch bolt inside lever, manual talks you through it
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1226349/Sram-Guide-Rs.html?page=19#manual

submarined
    Free Member

Yup, none of that on my Levels unfortunately. No swinglink on these, I think they’re more like the Guide R lever. Will get another photo later. But it looks nothing like the above.

phil5556

I’m just taking some Level TL brakes off mine. Drop me a message if you’re interested in them, they won’t be expensive. I assume the levers would work with your calipers?

Rear has the brake line cut and will need replacing. Front is still complete. No clamps as I’ve reused them.

submarined
    Free Member

Right, cheers for the links but as above, the pivot does not have the swing link.

View post on imgur.com

It looks almost like a knurled pin that’s driven in?
    Not sure but suspect the guide R may be the same as I don’t think that has the swing link either?

Phil: thanks for the offer but unless they’re incredibly cheap I’ll probably pass. This is already the 2.5th set of brakes I’ve bought to try and make this cheap bike work….

carbonroadrat
    Free Member
    submarined
    Free Member

Well, it went together somehow, so it’ll come apart somehow, and it’s buggered anyways.
    Hammer, sockets, and a vice it is then.

The world of full of ‘non user serviceable’ parts that are frequently pulled to bits. I spent yesterday morning changing the oil and filter on my neighbour’s ‘sealed for life’ Haldex diff 😀

failedengineer

I stripped some Level TLM levers because of the ‘expanding piston’ issue a while back – I just drove that pin out as shown above. You will need some very fine circlip pliers, too. Best advice is get rid and get some Shimano brakes. The Sram ones just look and feel cheap, IMO.

submarined
    Free Member

Pin out

View post on imgur.com

Fwiw these are going on as I now have 4 failed Shimano calipers in the garage, so no thanks, sticking to SRAM!

nickdavies

No better than the upper levels really… ive lost a bolt on my rsc lever, new bolts and bearings came today – couldnt be happy with just replacing the bolt could i. Thought id change the top one too… snap. Now ive got to try and work out how to get that bugger out…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rebuilding SRAM Level T Levers’ is closed to new replies.