Rebuilding an iPhone 5 (replacing rear case)

Home Forum Chat Forum Rebuilding an iPhone 5 (replacing rear case)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rebuilding an iPhone 5 (replacing rear case)
  • wysiwyg

Back off, you mean front and everything off.

Buy one with all the buttons in place, swapping buttons is the pita.

Premier Icon thetallpaul
    Subscriber

Have a look at ifixit.com for a guide

jamesfts

Be prepared to loose a couple of hours of your life but it’s quite doable. Screen is quick and easy, rear housing means stripping phone completely down.

A local pone shop to me offered to do it for £50, I got a new housing off t’internet for £15… if I had to do it again I’d probably just pay the £50. If you do decide to do it your self get a good set of precision screwdrivers and don’t use the chocolate ones that come free with the case.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

iFixit for the guide and Maplin/Ebuyer for the screwdrivers. Screen is easy-ish (I did the one on my 5 twice, clumsy, moi?) if you can get the bits with the buttons in place then it will save you quite a bit of time and faffing.

bland

Being bent (the phone) and smashed screen that keeps going dead light coloured with vertical lines i was going to have a go at rebuilding it with a new rear metal case and new screen.

How difficult are they to take apart and get the back off? Im asking here as there are a billion useless pages out there in internet phone world.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rebuilding an iPhone 5 (replacing rear case)’ is closed to new replies.