Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rebuilding an iPhone 5 (replacing rear case)
  • bland

Being bent (the phone) and smashed screen that keeps going dead light coloured with vertical lines i was going to have a go at rebuilding it with a new rear metal case and new screen.

How difficult are they to take apart and get the back off? Im asking here as there are a billion useless pages out there in internet phone world.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Back off, you mean front and everything off.

Buy one with all the buttons in place, swapping buttons is the pita.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Have a look at ifixit.com for a guide

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamesfts
    Free Member

Be prepared to loose a couple of hours of your life but it’s quite doable. Screen is quick and easy, rear housing means stripping phone completely down.

A local pone shop to me offered to do it for £50, I got a new housing off t’internet for £15… if I had to do it again I’d probably just pay the £50. If you do decide to do it your self get a good set of precision screwdrivers and don’t use the chocolate ones that come free with the case.

Sandwich

iFixit for the guide and Maplin/Ebuyer for the screwdrivers. Screen is easy-ish (I did the one on my 5 twice, clumsy, moi?) if you can get the bits with the buttons in place then it will save you quite a bit of time and faffing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rebuilding an iPhone 5 (replacing rear case)’ is closed to new replies.