• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reba RLT vs. SID RLT 2012 – damping comparison
  • cp

Soo I’m considering the above forks. The SID RLT has the motion control DNA damping, whereas Reba just has motion control.

However, in the two forks I’m comparing at a similar price, the SID has QR and the Reba has 15mm thru.

I need new wheels anyway, but QR would allow me to use the CX wheels as a spare…

Anyway, is motion control DNA that good you would choose it over a 15mm axle??

cp

Bump for the evening dwellers

mcboo
    Free Member

I had the same question for a 29er build, went with Reba as I really wanted 15mm maxle. I dont know about DNA but I’m really happy with these forks. Maybe the best I’ve had and i’ve used much more expensive Fox and DT Swiss. Take a bit of fettling but I’ve got them how I want them now.

cp

Cheers, I’m leaning the same way, and the rebas are a bit cheaper

RoterStern
    Free Member

I have got a set of Rebas on the SS and SIDs on the race bike (both 26 inch). The Rebas are much plusher I find (especially after the tip from TF tuned about negative spring air settings) even with both having the same amount of sag though the SIDs are much lighter. I am currently building a 29er SS and have gone for Rebas rather than SIDs.

cp

The weights on the 2012 and later forks are almost identical as they use the same lower leg casting now.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Not according to their website. There is over 200g weight difference.

v10
    Free Member

cp is correct.

Lowers/CSU on 2012 onwards SID/Reba are identical. Weight difference on SID is from:

Drilled bushings, transfer rather than vinyl decals, butted alu airshaft (steel reba) and 1 piece lighter topcap.

Also the DNA RLT cart is slightly lighter than the standard Moco one.

In terms of damping difference not a massive amount – main difference is that the Moco DNA SID will have dual flow rather than single flow rebound damping in the Reba giving slightly more controlled/improved rebound damping.

cp

29er forks are 20g different

slinkybike
    Free Member

Grab the reba the thru axel will improve the ride more than the mo-co you use and you can always upgrade later. The above posters are correct too in saying that there is now minmal difference between the platforms I have built and used forks which are “reba” csu, lowers with sid internals.

Qr’s are for road bikes.

cp

Arg, still can’t decide. Anyone else want to try and convince me. Can only find one or two tests online of qr v 15mm torsion stiffness… and there’s naff all difference!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reba RLT vs. SID RLT 2012 – damping comparison’ is closed to new replies.