Reba RLT lockout problem
I have some Reba RLTs from Merlin – late 2012, I think. I’ve taken them apart, changed the travel to 100mm, removed the spool fixing top and replaced with a crown mounted ‘switch’ a la Poddy Style, though I completely removed the spring by taking the unit apart. I’ve reassembled and added 106ml of 5wt to the MoCo leg. It won’t lockout at all.
For your info, I completely cleared the leg of oil by pushing the rod in and out a few times and giving it a good clean. I also turned both the compression and the threshold knobs anticlockwise before installing the MoCo unit.
Have I put too little oil in ? I presuming that the 106ml is correct by following the oil charts from Sram. Should I put in the 123ml from the 2011/12 Reba’s? If so, can I just whip off the MoCo cap and add a little more without taking the whole bloody thing apart…again ?
All help greatly appreciated – can’t stand the bobbing when hoisting out of the saddle.Posted 7 years ago
The same thing happened to me when I removed the spring from inside the MoCo damper. I discovered that I had reassembled the unit with the centre shaft turned through 180 degrees, so that the floodgate never closes. Easy enough to check, remove the cartridge and look at the bottom. When you turn the centre shaft does the ramped aperture underneath close completely, or does the alloy disc on the valve never close it properly? If not, just unscrew it and reassemble with the shaft turned through 180 degrees. Simples.
On page two of this threadPosted 7 years ago
I have posted some pics of it incorrectly assembled.
Ace. I kind of thought it might be something along those lines ’cause it was the only thing I’d taken apart ‘illegally’.
Thanks, Scapegoat, I knew you’d come to my rescue…Posted 7 years ago
😀Posted 7 years ago
BTW, the pics have vanished from that thread, but it’s cool – I understand what I’ve done wrong.Posted 7 years ago
I must have reorganised my Photobucket albums. Shout up if you need them and I’ll repost when I’m at home.Posted 7 years ago
Will do.Posted 7 years ago
Same happened to me when I took apart my Reba’s. Pretty sure there’s a little mark on the bottom of the moco and another on the metal gate to line up. Rock onPosted 7 years ago
You were spot on, Scapegoat. All done and working like a charm – just need to fine tune it, now.
It’s obvious once you play around and luckily it’s reasonably foolproof as it’s a slot as opposed to a star-shaped fitting. It should have been something I checked when reassembling but you know how it is with fettling…I’d put money on Loco reading this mumbling something along the lines of bloody **** wit padowans or somesuchlike…
Once again, many thanks.Posted 7 years ago
The topic ‘Reba RLT lockout problem’ is closed to new replies.