Reba lower service.

Home Forum Bike Forum Reba lower service.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reba lower service.
  • mtbben

I’ve finally got round to servicing my forks. Followed some step by step instructions from YouTube but I’m having trouble fitting the new wiper seal. I just can’t get them to seat all the way in the bottom of the seat.

Is it possible to do this without the correct tool? The video said they should just go in with finger tip pressure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PeterPoddy

Yep it’s fairly easy usually. Make sure its greased and push in with your hands 9 times out of 10
    I did make myself a little tool out of some wooden dowel (tapered at one end) to push on stubborn bits though.
    I usually take the little circular “springs” out of the top of the seal too, so I don’t deform them when installing, and then pop them back on after.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

Do you mean the black seal that goes almost against the bushing? If so, I had the same issue with my Rebas…absolute pita to get in. I ended up finely sanding the sides of the seal down…not much and they were still stubborn to get in but better than risk damaging something with excessive force getting the un-sanded ones in.

mtbben

Yeah it’s the wiper seal at the top of the lowers. Was a nightmare. In the end I used a bit of PVC piping that slid perfectly over the top. I was then able to ‘tap’ the seal into place without damaging it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reba lower service.’ is closed to new replies.