Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reba foam wipers problem
  • avdave2

I’ve got my Rebas apart to change the travel, thanks to Peter Poddy’s nicely simplified guide, and the foam wipers below the top wipers are not sitting properly, they are partly tucked under. Any tips for sorting this out or am I going to need to replace them and if so will I also need to remove the top wipers and will I need particular tools for that.

Thanks

retro83
    Free Member

Buy new ones or run without them. According to the clever folk on the mtbr forums they are of dubious benefit anyhow. Certainly the aftermarket enduro seals don’t include them.

As for instructions check the enduro/RWS website. It’s for enduro seals but the process is the same. I find using a hairdryer to warm the seals helps get them out.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

it just a foam ring is it not? Pull them out and reseat them? thats what I did

avdave2

Thanks, I thought I could just pull them out but a closer look has shown that the bottom of one foam wiper has rolled up behind itself and is trapped by the top wiper. So they have probably been like this from new and I assume it occurred when they were originally put together. As they worked perfectly for nearly a year before I shall just reassemble them as they were and see what happens. They are my spare pair anyway since I reverted to rigid on one bike so if it doesn’t work properly I can always strip them again and replace the wipers.

hopefiendboy

@avdave2- could you send me a copy of the simplified PP REBA strip down guide? Email in profile

Cheers!

avdave2

Hopefiendboy YGM.

retro83
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member
    Thanks, I thought I could just pull them out but a closer look has shown that the bottom of one foam wiper has rolled up behind itself and is trapped by the top wiper. So they have probably been like this from new and I assume it occurred when they were originally put together. As they worked perfectly for nearly a year before I shall just reassemble them as they were and see what happens. They are my spare pair anyway since I reverted to rigid on one bike so if it doesn’t work properly I can always strip them again and replace the wipers.

Yes, you can but if the foam rings get stretched or out of shape, they make the forks feel sticky.

bigjim

Are those Enduro seals better than RS originals? I need to buy some.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reba foam wipers problem’ is closed to new replies.