Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reba damper upgrade
  • alanf
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting some newer forks and have been looking at Rebas and SIDs but I don’t want bar mounted switches and would like RCT3 damping if possible.
    So which would be better, get a reba and upgrade or a SID and potentially down-grade from the bar mounted control?

nickdavies

Speak to Loco, Dual flow is the biggest upgrade to the Reba IMO I think the damper is £120 and the dual flow rebound is £70.

Probably cheaper to start with SID’s. I upgraded as set of Reba’s to dual flow but didn’t do the damper and they were fantastic. Not sure why but they feel a LOT nicer than my current SID RCT3’s.

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks Nick, I think starting with a SID is probably the best bet.
    I’m not really sure what I need to get though to switch from bar mounted (as that’s what most of them seem to be). LoCo does sound like the man to speak to though.

nickdavies

You generally speaking just need the non remote top cap, they change a bit year to year.
    Loco sorted me out, it took a couple of goes as there are a couple of different thread options on the crown but he found me one. The only other thing you have to do is take the damper out and disconnect the pop lock return spring. There’s a guide on here somewhere, but it’s quite easy.

If you go for anything RCT3 then you don’t have to worry about it as they are all crown adjust.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve done that on a set of older pikes, so I guess it’s still the same process? Although I thought the new remotes were hydraulic rather than cable, so does it need the whole top cap assembly or just a replacement cap?

nickdavies

Only the SID XX is hydro, yes that one would require a whole new damper. Fork costs more than the RCT3 though so you wouldn’t want to start there if you didn’t want a lockout to start with?

alanf
    Free Member

On another note, can a SID RL be set at 100mm have the travel increased to 120 or can they only be reduced?
    Anyone know?

jamcorse

I’ve just bought a SID RCT3 and I love it. Some how feels smoother than my Reba with the dual flow rebound and RLT upgrades, I can’t explain why but I definitely recommend the SID.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reba damper upgrade’ is closed to new replies.