Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Reba Air Leak
  • 2POC

Hi all

Recently serviced a set of 2010 Reba Team BB/Dual Airs. Now when i add air to the negative chamber and then release the pump i can hear air coming our of the valve rapidly!

Any ideas what could be causing this before i go with tail between my legs to the LBS? Seals, valve core?

Stoner
    Free Member

are you sure it’s not air coming out of the pump hose?

2POC

No definitely not. Pump fully screwed off and i can hear the air just p!ssing out until the fork is empty

Stoner
    Free Member

ah, in which case try a new valve core. They come in the service packs that you can buy from TFT so I guess it’s considered sensible.

You can probably get a handful for free from a local tyre fitters bin – they take them out when they change tyres and throw them away.

2POC

2POC

Ok good call i’ll try this in the first instance – fingers crossed

Excuse my ignorance but would these suffice?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-METAL-SCHRADER-VALVE-CORES-/320575103963?pt=UK_Cars_parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_trims_Valve_Caps_ET&hash=item4aa3c3e3db#ht_1313wt_1086

Stoner
    Free Member

theyre the things.

they have hundreds of them lying around at your local tyre man.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

You could just take one out of an old innertube. Or your car – or your neighbours car – just to try it out like 😉

2POC

Awesome cheers guys

Kryton57

2POC – Member
    Hi all

Recently serviced a set of 2010 Reba Team BB/Dual Airs. Now when i add air to the negative chamber and then release the pump i can hear air coming our of the valve rapidly!

Any ideas what could be causing this before i go with tail between my legs to the LBS? Seals, valve core?

Sorry to go OT but by coincidence I’m looking to buy the 2011 version of these forks in a sale and started a thread this morning. Any chance you can give me a quick lowdown – are they any good /how do they ride?

Cheers.

2POC

These are up there with the best forks i’ve used. I’ve ridden 09 coil Pikes, 2010 Marz 44 RC3Ti, older (07) Rebas for comparison.

I’ve got the Reba Teams at 120mm and think they’re are pretty much the perfect fork for UK riding. Light, stiff, simple to maintain (although keep and eye on the cores by the looks of things:)) and very good over the rough stuff.

I’ve got them on a Cotic Soul and the bike is really well balanced.

2POC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Reba Air Leak’ is closed to new replies.