• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reba 29er oil levels.
  • Wally

Help – I have just put in 123ml after removing 100ml – and now I have hydraulic lock. I have seen several different oil volumes on SRAM sites.

Is this the correct method?
    “take the motion control out, measure the distance between the 2 O rings, then -15mm.
    So if the distance is 100mm -15mm makes it 85mm
    85mm should be the distance from the top of the fork to top of the oil in the leg. (make sure you measure from below the treads where the Oring sits and that sorts out the correct oil level”

Ie – put the oil just above the bottom O ring?

Fork is a reba29er RL 2011.

bigjim

I’ve not changed the oil in my rebas but every other RS fork has had a specified volume of oil you add in after taking the damper leg apart etc. I would say anything else is going to be guesswork and rarely be correct

Wally

Sucked out just enough to cover the bottom of the black MoCo damper and all seems well. It has more like the 100ml that I removed.

LoCo
    Free Member

Did you fully strip the fork or just take the moco out and tip the oil out the top?

For reference of anyone else doing this job if not fully stripped you may have had oil left below the rebound piston leading to them effectivly being over filled when you put 123ml in, best thing to do if just removing moco is to turn them upside down and cycle them (over a bucket or other vessel 😉 ) and then refill.

2011 RL is listed as 106ml of 5wt too.

Wally

Thanks LoCo – Fully stripped. I reckon it’s very very close to 106ml now. Many thanks. 123ml was clearly way too much. It locks out fine and I get all the travel.

I can never remember the circlip direction. Smooth side in and sharp side facing out? I hope.

LoCo
    Free Member

No probs 😀 circlip will be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reba 29er oil levels.’ is closed to new replies.