Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reba 29 v. Revs 29 – what's the difference?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Rebas and Revs are both available with 120mm travel in their 29er versions, but are there actually any differences between them other than name? I guess the Revs might have longer stanchions to take care of the longer travel options, but other than that, I’m struggling to see.

It just opens up options for me, that’s all.

Ta!

tomhoward

The revs will have less weight, and more/better damping adjustment.

klunky
    Free Member

Im looking at the same forks so will piggybag this thread!

Where is cheapest to get the Revs just now?

Im thinking bike-discount?

chestrockwell

The revs will have less weight, and more/better damping adjustment

Really? I always thought Rebas were the short travel version of Revs? Happy to be corrected.

chakaping
    Free Member

The revs will have less weight, and more/better damping adjustment.

The Rebas will be lighter.

Damping and adjustment depends on which model – and there are bound to be a few to choose from.

tomhoward

I stand corrected on the weight, looked at the 26″ Rev….

z1ppy

Indeedy the Reba have a reported weight of aprox 1600g vs the 1800g of the Rev’s…
    Reba changed a while back to share the SID chassis (so an budget SID), where-as the Rev’s are 120-150mm trails forks, which I’d assume has the ability to extended the travel & have a tougher chassis.. There’s no RCT3 Reba to match the top spec Rev, but RL/RLT version will be comparable damping..

Rickos
    Free Member

So, assuming like for like damping, the Revs in a 120mm travel guise will be stiffer and generally more burly, but obviously heavier. Can’t be much in it in real life woods razzing on a hardtail though, eh? Both good enough for a Bizango then really.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you’re not racing I’d get the Revs.

I have the RCT3 Rev on my 29er HT and I’d be reluctant to go any flexier.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reba 29 v. Revs 29 – what's the difference?’ is closed to new replies.