Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Reasoning with a 10 month old.. (nappy changing content)
  • soundninjauk

Both ankles, gently but firmly,  in the left hand, one between the thumb and forefinger, the other in the remaining fingers.

Lift ( again gently) until her bottom leaves the table and she’s partially suspended by the ankles.

Leaves one hand free for the actual nappy change. You’ll soon learn to do it one handed.

I’m very much a fan of this approach. MiniNinja is on a changing mat on a chest of drawers so you have to keep an eagle eye that she doesn’t roll off. Also she puts up with you grabbing her ankles for about 8 seconds before anger ensues.

She’s 13 months old at the moment and I’m hoping the walking thing will kick in before we need to get on with the potty training.

maccruiskeen

Have you considered gin?

Administered multilaterally?

i’m not a parent but I am drinking gin and it’s making things easier.

jimmy

I’m sure I’ve seen changing mats which are “worn”, as in have arms in the wide mat so you put them in it and they can’t roll away. Have a search online – found something which doesn’t look as robust as I remember so something might be out there.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thank you for all of the responses everyone and the jokes – I’ve had a good giggle, especially the negotiation with terrorists comment!

I’ve tried the pinning arms with my legs manoeuvre a couple of times and whilst she DOES NOT like it, it is helpful in getting things done quickly!

Cheers
    Nick

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve tried the pinning arms with my legs manoeuvre a couple of times

You’re supposed to give babies SMA, not MMA

timbog160

If you think she’s bad now just wait til she’s 15, then try reasoning with her 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you think she’s bad now just wait til she’s 15, then try pinning her to the floor with your legs

This doesn’t work either

thomthumb
    Free Member

I have to sit on our lad. On the floor – one leg across his belly. Change the nappy between my legs (that sounds wrong!!)

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Reasoning with a 10 month old.. (nappy changing content)’ is closed to new replies.