Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reasonably weatherproof ride around Ft William?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got to drive up there for work and will have Sunday afternoon and most of Monday off.

Seeing as today is forecast for biblical rain and 59mph wind, I’m writing off anything that looks like a bog or has umpteen fords on it for the weekend (so that’s everything and the west highland way).

Any ideas before I leave the bike behind and go for a trudge up Ben Nevis? I can always get my cycling fix at GT on the way back down.

pothead
    Free Member

Laggan wolftrax is pretty good, although not the biggest it’s probably one of my top 3 trail centres ( black trail is esp good ) and is worth a trip if you’re in the area, quite rocky so won’t be boggy. There’s a load of unofficial stuff over the road but I’d guess it’ll be a mess after heavy rain so I’d give that a miss

matt_outandabout

Agreed, Laggan is a way but properly weather proof.

I’m interested to see how the lower Big Cheif and Big Chief’s Happy Ending hold up in wet – there seemed to be a lot of mud and fall-line directions…

Yak

All the waymarked witches trails at the nevis ranges are weatherproof.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s always been a muddy end to top chief tbh, always held up fine.

Laggan. Well worth the short drive, especially the stuff across the brown side.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Annoyingly I’ve now got to actually work today! Planning to get the kit packed up about 4am and head straight down to GT instead and ride as many trails until I’m knackered and head home from there. Cheers for the tips, I’ll hopefully get up here again soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reasonably weatherproof ride around Ft William?’ is closed to new replies.