Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reasonably priced 10l hydration pack?
  • ta11pau1

I currently have a camelbak rogue, 2016 model – which with a full 2l bladder, multitool, tube, pressure guage, pump and a couple of energy gels and a banana (my standard kit for any ride over an hour) is literally bursting at the seams, so I need something bigger for long rides when I’m out for half day or so.

Ideally something like the kudu 10, so I can stick a waterproof and some knee/elbow armour in there as well as plenty of food for long days in the saddle. A 3l reservoir would be great too, and it really needs to have a waist belt with pockets for easy access to some stuff without having to take the pack off. I don’t really need a back protector but it’s not a minus point if it has one.

Anything out there that’s not as expensive as the Kudu? You’re looking at £140 once you’ve got the reservoir too. I know they’re good and my rogue has done many, many thousands of miles on mountain and motorbikes and has never let me down, just wondering if there’s any alternatives which are a bit cheaper?

kimbers

Start cycles have some good deals on Scott backpacks

Tracey

As above. START10 gets another 10% off till midnight.

tiredjohn

Decathlon worth a look

garage-dweller

I got a Decathlon one. I reckon just the right number of pockets etc. and excellent value.

Mine is only 2l but think they may do a slightly bigger 3l one.

ta11pau1

Those Scott ones are very cheap, would be perfect for someone. The Camelbak Mule LR15 is looking like a good choice, can get it for £80 with a 3l res, and has a clever waist mounting meaning it keeps the water nice and low and snug to your body. After seeing how good the proper waist packs feel (which will replace my rogue at some point for short rides) I like this very much. I’m looking for something around 8-12l, 2-3l of luggage capacity is probably a little small.

https://youtu.be/er6l12miMnQ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reasonably priced 10l hydration pack?’ is closed to new replies.