Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reasonable (eg cheaper end of the spectrum) disc mounted CX frames?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’d really like disc on my CX bike so considering a change of frame. There are plenty out there that will take discs but most are pretty expensive. Any suggestions for frames (and forks) that are more in the £200-£400 range? Idealy aluminium rather than steel (steel frames tend to be a bit flexy in my size – 60-62cm)

goldfish24

Not perfect (it’s steel) but a quick google shows 2012 Genesis croix de fer frames at £279.99.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, did see that and it does look alright but I do wonder if it’ll be flextastic though admittedly maybe that’d be less of an issue for a cx frame rather than road.

cp

Kaffenback

Uncle John

druidh
    Free Member

Kinesis Tripster is very nice – but c£500 for frame and forks.

JoB
    Free Member

the Croix De Fer is sturdy, not flexy

clubber
    Free Member

Ta Jo though that might be the case in your size with your weight and not mine with mine…

JoB
    Free Member

i’ve tried lifting a larger size 🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Again a bit out of budget but I’m building up a Kinesis Pro6 at the moment that was £499 for Frame/fork/headset. The 60cm has a generous TT for taller riders, tapered head and big stays so hopefully wont be flextastic.

clubber
    Free Member

😉 @ Jo

Thing is back in the day, my road bikes were steel and the change to a decent aluminium one was a revelation. And my experience says that a heavier steel frame isn’t necessarily stiffer – esp at the cheaper end of the spectrum…

The Uncle John looks good as it goes. Shame it’s got canti mounts too but I’m sure my aesthetic sensibilities can live with that.

Rik
    Free Member

Bit out of the budget at £600 but if you need forks as well……And fancy carbon….

New Planet X/On one full carbon CX frame looks like a good deal. Give a few months and they will prob down to sub £500 if the 456C is anything to go buy

sambob
    Free Member

On-One dirty disco looks good if you can get it as a frame only, rather than frame and forks for £600. Tis carbon though….

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Job done, here ali frame, cross mounts, carbon fork, large size, and a custom paint job available for very little extra.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, dirty-disco looks great but out of budget.

Same for the OCCP unfortunately.

Uncle John still winning so far..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reasonable (eg cheaper end of the spectrum) disc mounted CX frames?’ is closed to new replies.