Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rear XM1501 wheel needs a spoke – help
  • Premier Icon paulneenan76
    Free Member

Last ride i had a rear spoke go on me but I’m not sure what length replacement I need. It’s on the rear of my DT XM1501 27.5″. I’m sure it’s a competition spoke I need but the length calculator is confusing my simple mind. Also there seems to be limited stock in some sizes.
    What I have left of the spoke is about 290mm.

Any ideas?

Premier Icon martinhutch

Some of the rim decals may have replacement spoke sizes on them in the small print. Normally I would just google for the manual for that wheel but helpfully, the DT Swiss site appears to be down for maintenance today.

Premier Icon fatmess
    Free Member

I’ll be your night in shining armour as I had the same dilemma and the nice guys in TF Tuned gave me the correct info.
    With regards spoke length the rear uses 284mm & 285mm Competition SP spokes and the front uses 285mm Competition SP. The 284mm is the rear drive side. TF Tuned can’t supply singly though. I paid through the nose for them from an Italian outfit. can’t remember who though but google will be your friend.

Premier Icon hatter

All the DT MTB alloy Spline wheels use 284 mm spokes in 27.5″ and 304 mm spokes in 29″ same lengths all round.

So a shop only needs to have 2 spoke boxes to hand to service the whole range, and any DT Swiss dealer should carry them as spares.

Premier Icon paulneenan76
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks All.

Premier Icon scruff
    Free Member

I think I got mine from SJS.

Premier Icon nosedive
    Free Member
    Premier Icon nosedive
    Free Member

The link above is to an ebay seller calles thespokedwheel who sells single and small pack dt swiss straight pull spokes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.