Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • rear wheel angst
  • Premier Icon mattp
    Free Member

as some of you with above average memories may recall some of the trouble i've had with spokes snapping and nipples breaking on the back wheel of my spesh epic. I've finally had enough and want a new one.

recommend me a new rear wheel for a 14 stone rider to run tubeless, what's it going to cost and where from. it's not a case of money no object but I do want something that is stronger/more reliable than the DT wheel fitted now

[and no questions about the old wheel I'm too sensitive about it at the moment :cry:]

Premier Icon Dancake
    Free Member

Buy some spokes and' ave a go!

I had a wheel like yours that was pinging spokes off every five minutes and cost me a lot in repairs. I bought a "new" one and the spokes came loose twice 🙁

I had had enough after this so rebuilt my meta wheel first with a new 12mm axle hub and I have just respoked the one that came loose twice. First one turned out ok, the second one really well. Only cost 15 quid for some spokes…worth a punt?

TBH I will only build my own from now on. My "Jig" is an old kona frame stuck in a workmate…

Premier Icon devs
    Free Member

Hope Hoops ZTR flow on Pro2. Nuff already.

Premier Icon mattp
    Free Member

…any other options?

Premier Icon shermer75
    Free Member

I got Chain Reaction to make me up a pair of 819s on Pro 2s, seemed to be very good value….

Premier Icon mattp
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member

I got Chain Reaction to make me up a pair of 819s on Pro 2s, seemed to be very good value….

do you mind me asking how much?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘rear wheel angst’ is closed to new replies.