Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear Shock tuning question
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Long story short, my Spectral monarch debonair shock went back for a warranty repair, and was lost between Canyon and SRAM. after weeks of waiting to get it replaced, they sent me a new shock, but it was the standard off the peg Med/Med tune. The Spectral comes with a Med/S/320 as standard. I fitted the medium and initially it felt fine, and I couldn’t be arsed waiting any longer to get the right shock. Having ridden it for a few months, I’m noticing the difference. with 30% sag, I’m not getting all the travel out of it. It seems to ramp up too much for my weight. Iodinate want to run it with any less air pressure. There are no red bands to remove in the air sleeve. So when I get it serviced, what needs tweaking to improve it. Is it just valving?

M6TTF
    Free Member

edit: Iodinate? bloody auto correct. I don’t want to run it with any less pressure.

Add bands, reduce pressure is the way to do it without a custom tune

*edit – re-read your question, ignore my advoice

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iffoverload
    Free Member

I think you may just be able to get a larger volume air can for it?
    that will give a more linear spring and should ramp up less quickly.

one on the left

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/first-ride-rockshox-monarch-monarch-plus-debonair-2015/

If the damping feels good now it is probably best to leave it.
    otherwise they will increase the flow on HS compresssion and rebound too I suspect.

Most places that custom tune will know what to do it if you give them detalis of bike,rider and type of riding.

poah
    Free Member

j-tech will tune it for £50 plus the postage (works out about £75 in total). well worth doing

M6TTF
    Free Member

cheers, i’ll have a nosey!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear Shock tuning question’ is closed to new replies.