Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Rear Shock service prices
  • mjsmke

Why do people feel the need to mention that some things are too expensive, no ones forcing you to pay it so just choose not to pay it and zip it.

No one said too expensive. Fox just seems expensive compared to other brands.

ehrob

CCDB Inline is a brilliant shock, best inline air shock I’ve used. I ran one for nearly two years on a Banshee without issues. Many users have reported numerous reliability problems though.

Fox stuff is quite expensive. Particularly with more trail-oriented air shocks though, I think they’re about as good as it gets to be honest. The Kashima gold ones aren’t essential – if you could find a DPS Performance Series that’d be ideal.

This one isn’t mine but quickly located via Google: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2282590/

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

No one said too expensive.

You need to read the posts, pretty sure there’s quite a few moaning about the costs of servicing being too high compared to the alleged difficulty.

mark90
    Free Member

How much is your time worth? A quick way to get your hourly rate is to divide your annual salary by 2000 (it’s slightly less than that but 2000 is easier to do in your head), so a £30K salary is £15/hr. That’s how much it would cost you to do the job.

It would only cost me that to do the job if I took the hour off work unpaid. If I nip out to the garage on a evening when the kids are in bed and the missus is watching Holby City then it just cost me a beer. In fact it’s saving me money as I’d need more than one beer to sit through Holby City, so it’s a win all round 🙂

mjsmke

It seems finding a shock in the correct size is tricky. And would prefer a shop or reputable online retailer. Wiggle is my usual go to source but they have nothing that fits.

Also regarding tuning. I know the red L means low rebound but what does the blue S stand for? Soft compression?

rsfmtb
    Free Member

£92.50 including vat and return postage

rsf mtb suspension…..

bigyan
    Free Member

Monarch shaft scores seem common at the moment, apparently a lot on Whytes on one side of the shaft.

Cheapest solution is probably a monarch from CRC, end result may well be the same though, so worth sending to Sram Tech for service withing warranty with POP.

mjsmke

CRC  only have the monarch plus in the right size but that probably wont fit on my small frame.

Would a fox shock be more durable?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Rear Shock service prices’ is closed to new replies.