Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • REAR MECH SETUP… HELP
  • rocklobster
    Free Member

I am trying to set up my new rear mech and I am unsure how to set up one of the screws. What is the purpose of the small screw that pushes against the mech hanger and how do I adjust it so that the rear mech is set up correctly. (I’m not talking about the high and low limit screws just to be clear).

IHN

That’ll be the B-tension screw.

When you’re on the largest cog on the back, adjust that screw so that the top jockey wheel on the mech is just, like a teensy-tiny bit, below the cog.

Look on the Park Tools website for a more technical explanation

dufresneorama
    Free Member

That’s the B-screw….

Parktool

soobalias
    Free Member

wot they sed

tis the angle of the dangle.

mrdestructo

Well, dunno about “teeny” as when i built up my current bike I had to put that jockey wheel out further than I thought I’d have to. Figured that out riding up and down the car park with my multitool clutched in one hand swearing profusely.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, that’s the B-screw. Bolt on the mech without the cable attached. Push the mech over to line up with the largest cog – the gap should be 6mm (at least for SRAM X9). Adjust the B-screw so the gap is correct, using a 6mm allen key to measure it. Align mech with smallest cog and set high limit screw. Attach cable, run mech to largest cog and set low limit screw. Job done

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘REAR MECH SETUP… HELP’ is closed to new replies.