Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rear Mech: Saint vs XT vs SLX
  • climbingkev
    Free Member

As above, Saint’s £90ish, XT’s £55ish and SLX is £40ish…..is Saint worth it? I like the idea of a stiffer spring and body, keen on the robustness also. 9speed for 22/36 up front so the GS models, be nice to hear from someone who’s rode a combination, Saint in particular.

Discuss……I’m off to spend the difference down the pub; might well have answered my own question there!

Kev

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I went from the new 10spd XTR to the new 10spd Saint stuff just out, because I was getting hacked off with the longer Shimano cages getting caught on everything.

I can’t work out why a supposed medium Shimano cage is the same size as a SRAM long cage – the Shimano long must be dragging in the dirt?!

Anyway, so far it’s great. It’s noticably stiffer shifting than the XTR, but that’s no bad thing for me, I found the XTR was almost a little too light.

kanza
    Free Member

No competion or comparision there imho, Saint mech is a awesome tool. Depending on your usage requirements.

Brought my last Saint for 50 Euro’s brand new on ebay so I would definately look there. Using them on all my bikes now.

Can’t compare to SLX, different world.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cheers Hob Nob, that’s the sort of “heavier” feel I think I’d prefer.

Northwind

Saint is expensive but my old one was unkillable- covered in scars any one of which would probably have destroyed a normal mech. It did have a much clunkier action than XT though- which I prefer but you might not.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cheers Kanza……your doing a good job of spending my money guys…..to the pub!

philstone

If you’re looking for 9 sp I have a saint for sale, drop me an email..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rear Mech: Saint vs XT vs SLX’ is closed to new replies.