Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear maxle 12×135
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

Having promised myself never to own s fs, one came up I fell in love and its rear end is now driving me bonkers.

I have spin dr pro’s on sas rims, by using the halo 12mm conversion axle I have got the maxle to fit.
    Problem being that there is a tiny <1mm bit of play. If I tighten the maxle anymore the freehub locks, I back it off to the point where it’s turning again and the play is back.

If it makes a difference it’s a 2010 Trail Attack.

Help!

Northwind

Something wrong with the freehub. Don’t know that particular hub but hard to see it can be anything else. Did you do the conversion to 12mm yourself?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Yeah, converted myself, was easy to do, it’s stopping me riding!
    The freehub is a silly idea as with the halo 12mm axle it’s held onto the hub by the maxle clamp.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coatesy
    Free Member

Not stripped one of their hubs, but suspect that you may have a spacer hiding somewhere in your workshop, that should be between the hub and freehub body.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

+1 Coatesy, look around for a spacer that looks like a du shock bush but obviously a larger diameter, it will be on the floor somewhere!!

HermanShake
    Free Member

As with above, sounds like something’s missing. I have an 09 Attack Trail and the Maxle winds all the way round before closing the lever.

Great frames, they chew up all sorts with a fairly casual shrug.

kendo954
    Free Member

I’d guess spacer 2.

Won’t be the maxle, I do mine up quite tight and it spins free, any time iv a wee but of play its new bearing time

PiknMix
    Free Member

cheers people, I am fairly confident nothing extra fell out but it would seem logical that this is what it is.

Will have a look.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

have you actually put a different freehub on it? If so the spacer could well still be inside the old freehub body. Give it a tap and see if it falls out of the back. Embarrassingly this has happened to me :/

PiknMix
    Free Member

Its the same freehub going back on, the only thing that was changed is the axle, from a qr to a 12mm.
    The old gr axle used to hold everything in place however now the maxle holds everything in place.
    3 days I’ve been working on this now! will go fettle some more after some coffee.

PiknMix
    Free Member

So you know this spacer…..

I’ve spent 4 days looking at the spacer from the old qr axle. Turns out if I pop it into my maxle it gets rid of the play, you can achieve maximum tightness with no jammed hub. Imagine that.

Do I feel I pillock? Yes.
    Have I learnt lots? Yes
    Do I now have a new phat ride to go and abuse? HE’LL YES!

kendo954
    Free Member

Lol good work

sprocketj
    Free Member

Hi pik n mix. Where did you get your halo Spin Doctor Pro 12mm Axle Conversion from?
    I’m having trouble finding them.
    Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear maxle 12×135’ is closed to new replies.