Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rear lights for helmets… What's good?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Just ordered a new road helmet and I’m after a new rear light for it.. I like that it’s high up off the ground and quite visible.
    I’ve currently got a smart light zip tied on but after something a bit more refined..
    Any recommendations?

turboferret

I liked the look of these, but they were out of stock when I was ordering a bunch of other things, so would have delayed my order, so I cancelled them. Really must get round to ordering them again!

Not sure whether the battery would be a PITA though.

Cheers, Rich

deadkenny
    Free Member

Are you using another rear light fixed on the bike?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

To totally ignore your requirements I’d recommend the aldi emergency jobbies, brighter than any of the other ’emergency’ lights I’ve had and last for ages. Not exactly refined though.

stumpy01

Whatever you get, try to get one with a wide angle of light placement because your head position will change a lot as you ride.

I see quite a few people with them on and glancing down at the bars as they ride can take the light from completely visible to completely invisible from a drivers point of view.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Decathlon rubbery lights are decent. Flash or constant. You can buy bilk packs of the ‘coin batterys’ for not much online. Get branded ones though as the very cheap ones are pants in my experience.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I have a bright light on my seat post or saddle bag and if i night ride i put one of those chili fibre flares on my helmet… but they arent really bright enough for the day.

lee170
    Free Member

Knog do some quite bright compact lights, rubber straps so eased to mount to helmets etc

benp1

My commuting set up

Pdw radbot 500 on the back of my helmet, reflector built into it – usually back up
    Lezyne macro duo on top of my helmet – on flash
    Cateye holy hand grenade on my bike – on solid or flash
    Two silicone rear lights on the bike as backup

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Alpkit Gamma. Gives front options too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I just have a pair of Moon Shield 60s. Super bright, easy to move between bikes/helmets and USB rechargeable.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Liking that rechargeable moonshield.. 60 lumens too
    Where’d you pick those up?

rollodes
    Free Member

Moon shields are cheap from Planet x: called AREO shield for some reason

belugabob
    Free Member

I use one of these but I was ordering other stuff at the same time, so the price of postage was offset across a decent sized order.

Looks like they also do something like @turboferret linked to

belugabob
    Free Member

I use one of these but I was ordering other stuff at the same time, so the price of postage was offset across a decent sized order.

Looks like they also do something like @turboferret linked to

MrNice
    Free Member

I got one of these

cloudnine
    Free Member

Mrnice.. i have one of those.. absolutely fantastic at night.
    Its a nice bright daytime helmet light that im after.. preferably one that flashes and zapps subliminal messages into drivers brains about how not to smash into the back of cyclists

Wooliferkins
    Free Member

@turboferret In stock at the distributors trading arm

cloudnine
    Free Member

Moonshield 60 came today.. what a great light!!!…. just what i wanted and its actually way brighter than i expected. Probably order another for my seatpost at some point.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rear lights for helmets… What's good?’ is closed to new replies.