• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear lights for daylight.
  • mlke
    Free Member

It feels the biggest threat to my drawing a pension in 20 years time comes from being tailended by the tired/incompetent/phoning car or van doing 65 on a country road.
    For commuting in Winter the cheap rear blinker lights seem perfect but they are invisible in daylight.
    I’m after something that will hopefully help me be seen in day light or low light.
    Has anyone experience of such lights. A quick scan of tinternet suggests that Hope rear lights, possibly Exposure rear lights or scorpion lights might do the job
    thanks in advance

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use two Moon Shields. One on seatpost, one on the helmet. The former is always on, the latter is a failsafe for lower light or bad.

They saw me. No excuses.

houndlegs
    Free Member

I saw one of these being used in bright sunlight last year. It was the brightest light I’ve ever seen. Even in the sunlight it was highly visible.
    http://four4th.co.uk/products/lights/scorpion/

johnnystorm

Exposure Flare is pretty damn good. So is a PDW Aether Demon which is USB rechargeable and £8 on Amazon when I got mine. Leave it on all the time and charge at work PC. Sorted.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I use Knogg ones been great USB charge various settings and flashing

http://euro.knog.com.au/bike/lights/hi-power-bike-lights.html

May seem pricy but were talking about long term protection and visibility. Buy cheap buy twice

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member
    adsh
    Free Member

If you truly want the power and don’t care about weight then it’s got to be a Hope District. Astonishing!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’ve got the Exposure Flash/Flare set, very very visible even in sunlight. Permanent fixtures on my road bike as they weigh very little. Buy the rechargeable battery version & buy a set of spare batteries and you’re laughing.

stevious

Seesense Icon for me. Great visibility and lots of very interesting ‘smart’ functions too. It can even tell you if someone’s trying to nick your bike from outside the cafe.

http://seesense.cc/

superleggero
    Free Member
    phil40
    Free Member

I use the four4th scorpion for commuting and TT’s, it is a superb bit of kit, 3 different modes. I have had a couple of drivers come past me, stop and ask what it is because they want one for their own bike! The TT mode is technically illegal as it uses a 3 red 1 white flash pattern, but they are visible from over a mile away (dual carriageway TT course and lots of peeps use them)!

They are about £90 but imho worth every penny!

simondbarnes

I have a Hope District and an Exposure Red Eye (dynamo) and both are very visible in daylight. The Bontrager Flare R is also great in daylight.

TiRed

Cycliq Fly6. Aside from being a very decent rear light, it has an integrated safety camera. Excellent piece of kit that has been used recently in a serious incident.

I also have a cat eye mini rapid mounted to fizik saddles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear lights for daylight.’ is closed to new replies.