Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear light recommendations?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Looking at Knog Skink etc. Any others worth a punt?

grim168
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/smart-lunar-r2-2×1-2-watt-rear-light/rp-prod56550?_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Smart+-+Lights|cn:Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:205782UK_Smart+Lunar+R2+2×1/2+Watt+Rear+Light&gclid=CNr95P6o8LkCFZPItAodLEgAKA

but you can get it cheaper with some googling

stumpy01

Lezyne do a small one, I think called the Femto that I had a fiddle with in Halfords last night. It looked pretty nifty. Not sure which batteries it takes though or whether it is usb rechargeable.

Edit – the Smart Lunar r2 is what I use as well as one of those cateye wide 5 led lights.

breadcrumb

The 0.5 watt Phaart lights at On-One are very good for the money.

Cheap and bright.

pacef8
    Free Member

A rep at this weekends show says the Fento on flashing mode, it will give you a whole 7 hours of light.
    Eff all really considering the hope district will be two weeks that you could see from the moon.

Just pay more on the hope and pay once.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Smart lunar r1 is really bright and cheap

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for the info/links. I already have bought a Knog Skink which was on offer……in pink only but I don’t mind.

grim168
    Free Member

I bought a pair of femto’s. I think they’re shite. They run off cr2032 batteries.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I use the cat eye rapid 3 on the under saddle mount that clamps onto the seat rails so it sits between the saddle and saddle bag.

benp1

I bought a second Smart R2 as it was cheap on eBay, very impressed with them and it was less than £13!

TiRed

Two Cateye Rapid 1’s (now down to £15). Plus a mudguard mounted reflector with LED light. Bright, multi flashing and USB rechargeable.

Cateye, unlike almost every other bike light brand, know how to make a mounting bracket too. I have the following:

Saddle rail mounted (for ISP bike)
    Seatpost clamped
    Pannier rack mount

All aftermarket and all allow multiple mounting options.

shifter
    Free Member

I know it’s too late but; Cateye 600 mounted vertically on seat post – been great for years.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Smart r2 or if you feel flash what ever the use exposure have – the flare i think it is . They are bright.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear light recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.