• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jsync.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rear light options with dropper at max insertion
  • jsync

Anyone able to recommend a light for a dropper seat tube where the dropper collar sits against the clamp, if tou know what I mean.

Thanks

BearBack
    Free Member

Any thing profile rubber band type? Or seat rail mount?

hot_fiat

The PDW one that flashes “take on me” by aha. Enough strap to go around a reverb collar. Alternatively I think you can get GoPro mounts that go around the saddle rails & loads of lights have GoPro fitting adapters.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Exposure Tracer with saddle rail mounting.

Cheers!
    I.

TiRed

Any Cateye with their saddle rail mount. Or if you have a Fizik saddle they have a direct saddle mount. Both are excellent.

joebristol

A lot of the better Moon lights have saddle rail fittings. Pretty sure my Nebula came with one – although I’ve never used it as it’s just around the seatpost on my road bike with the rubber band fitting.

guandax
    Free Member

I use this on all three bikes

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

What Ivan said. Been using the exposure saddle rail mounts for years.

Great so long as you don’t attempt to remove the light from the mount.

molgrips
    Free Member

Glad I read this thread – I’d been removing my awesome Cateye Rapid X3 when I get to the trails, but the saddle rail mount means I don’t have to!

mountainman

I use a clip on light attached to my hydration pack ,it also stays visible there as lower down gets plastered in MUD.

TiRed

For the cateye rapid you also need a small adaptor with a band. Pm me and I may have a spare.

molgrips
    Free Member

I haven’t found a decent clip on pack light that is rechargeable.

toolzenith73
    Free Member

Exposure Red Eye for me ………….

https://exposurelights.com/products/bike/accessories/redeye

……. but obviously dependant on what your running up front
    Super bright , solid clamp band clamp and super supple cable for neat routing and also beyond excellent value for money

Carbis

I use a moon ring clipped onto my backpack and an exposure Tracer with the under saddle mount.

jsync

Cheers for the replies, I’ve gone with Guandax’s recommendation of an xlite100. Will see how it goes, if all else fails the moon and exposure rail mounts seem good. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rear light options with dropper at max insertion’ is closed to new replies.