Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • rear light and dropper post
  • foureyes
    Free Member

anybody managed to fit a light to the underside of their saddle? cant fit it to the dropper post, the frame is full of seatclamp and mudguard attachment at the top, and the mudguard would obstruct a light fitted any lower.

cheers

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Helmet light? One that clips on to your camelback if wearing one,those seat stay strip light thingies?

lipseal
    Free Member

I use THIS FELLA

foureyes
    Free Member

i tried the backpack thing and by the end of the ride it could be pointing anywhere, i think id rather point it off the bike and know the driver will see it. the strip light things – fibre flares? from what ive read they dont like water which is a shame.

but you’ve given me an idea, a helmet bracket – my old lumi one… could be ziptied nicely to the saddle rails i think…

facepalm. but the issue is finding a light that can be ziptied – ie that has holes in it. or some useful mounting points

b45her
    Free Member

i use one of these

http://www.thebicycledoctor.com/products/lezyneledfemtoreallight

works perfect on my reverb.

foureyes
    Free Member

ive got an inner tube protector on it ziptied tight top and bottom so ive not actually seen the post since the day i bought it, is there enough post at minimum extension for a light then?

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I don’t suppose you are going to be running on the road with minimum extension though and you don’t want to be distracting a following rider on the singletrack by running a rear light when he can see your front light, in effect.

For road use (it would collect too much dirt off road) Smart do a bracket to attach the light to the seat stay. Like the one on the left here Bracket

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Could you try a Fibre Flare on the seatstay as well?

foureyes
    Free Member

OC not sure i could be bothered to stop and fit the light 3 times a week at the end of a ride, but that bracket looks useful thanks. Captain, the fibreflares dont have a good rep for moist or wet conditions, shame as they look a great idea.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmm. In that case, helmet light is my pick of the get home options.

Moon Shield 60 is my choice.

foureyes
    Free Member

how do you attach it to your helmet? some secure slots for ties?

belugabob
    Free Member

If you can think of anything else to order from Rose Bikes (and there’s a lot to choose from) you could have one of these to put on the rear of your helmet (ooer!)

Helmet light

singlespeedstu

Anyone know how big that Lezyne light b45her linked to is?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

how do you attach it to your helmet? some secure slots for ties?

It’s a strap on. Oo-err, missus!

foureyes
    Free Member

hah!

Slogo
    Free Member

I fitted my light to one of the seat stays. Used an old inner tube to make it big enough to clamp round. Works really well, plus the light doesn’t get caked in dirt or soaking wet.

The light was a smart half what jobby.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Four eyes. The bracket remains attached and the light clicks in – takes all of about one and a half seconds. Many use a similar bracket on the seat post.

robarnold
    Free Member

Cat eye loop lights attach to anything using a bungee style loop, I use them on the back of my lid, seatpost, on my Camelbak and on to my jacket when out running, really versatile piece of kit, especially for a tenner:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-tl-sl110-loop-led-rear-light

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Zip ties and inginuity to get it on the saddle rails at the right angle? It must be possible? If not most saddle bags have loops on the back for lights, and I find a 0.2l bag more usefull than camelpacks for tube and chain links which are different on all my bikes so it’s easier to have a bag on each!

As for rear lights being distracting, I actualy find them usefull to follow. There’s usualy so many of us on nigth rides that helmet lights create a strobed effect through the trees and following the red lights becomes easier.

mauja
    Free Member

Get the Exposure Flare with the optional saddle rail mount

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/exposure/flare-saddle-rail-mount-ec030112

foureyes
    Free Member

OC – ah i see that makes sense,

That exposure saddle bracket though sounds just what i need.

the main issue with the lights ive tried so far is a lack of places to thread a zip tie – on the light itself. All the clip on, belt loop style ones just ping off mid ride somewhere. a permanently fixed and switchable light under the saddle would be great so off to see that exposure bracket, ta Mauja

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a Cateye 1100 on mine with no issues- sit it below the seal above the seat clamp – no hits from the seat and no problems.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘rear light and dropper post’ is closed to new replies.