Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rear fox shock Kashima coating worth the extra £200
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

New bike has a rear Fox CTD Evolution, I could sell and get the Kashima coated version at a cost of around £200.

Apart from the compression 1, 2, 3 settings on trail mode (which I never used on my RP23 lockout mode) is the Kashima worth it? apart from cosmetics 😆

http://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=bike&t=shocks&p=99106&ref=filter

VS

http://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=bike&t=shocks&p=99103&ref=filter

cheers!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Wait till it comes, ride it and decide then?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’m planning upgrades before i’ve even got it 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrecker
    Free Member

I have a non-kashima RP23 on my LTc. It’s brilliant and even as a kit bunny, I have not been tempted to change it. I’ve had a kashima RP23 on another bike and it didn’t seem worth any more money.

You could buy one of these;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fox-suspension-float-rp23-rear-shock-2012/rp-prod82842

It’s the correct size and volume tune (unsure of comp tune)
    Send it to LOCO for a bespoke tune (do this whilst it’s brand new and it’ll cost less) and still be quids in.

I’m not a fan of the CTD damper and I’m not alone in this.

ThePinkster

I’ve just had a mail form Mojo offering a service and Kashima shaft upgrade for £150 + P&P. Why not do that & save 50 quid?

We are offering a DHX/VAN Full service and a Kashima shaft upgrade for £150 + £4.95 return postage

chakaping
    Free Member

Not worth it at all IME.

Damping is way more important than a slightly slidier shaft.

brakes
    Free Member

which colour shaft do you prefer?
    standard or kashima?

Northwind

It’s a tiny bit better, but small enough that it could be all placebo imo 😉 Certainly not £200. Especially when it can be done for less!

greeble
    Free Member

which colour shaft do you prefer?
    standard or kashima?

seriously…

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

To me no difference at all, but then having it tuned ” put a volume spacer in ” and a lot of time messing and trying different setting made the real difference. Looks nice though!!!

wl
    Free Member

Not worth it. If you’re desperate for marginally more plushness, you’re better off trying Fenwicks suspension lube for around a fiver a can, with free delivery from Evans.

roverpig

Kashima on its own is not worth it, but the damping on the Factory CTD-A shocks is way better than the basic Evolution CTD versions.

rickt
    Free Member

I would say its worth it…. but then I would as i have one

plyphon
    Free Member

Fenwicks suspension lube

This stuff is fantastic.

ChrisI

roverpig – Member
    Kashima on its own is not worth it, but the damping on the Factory CTD-A shocks is way better than the basic Evolution CTD versions.

This. I assume its not just Kashima that you are getting but an upgrade to the Factory level from Evolution. Having had Factory and Evolution versions of shock and forks, they are worth the extra. If it was just Kashima then I’d say wait until service time and get it done then as it will only cost ~£100 extra.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rear fox shock Kashima coating worth the extra £200’ is closed to new replies.