Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 230 total)
  • Really un-cool car's you secretly want?
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

OK, here’s another Alfa then:

YoKaiser
    Free Member
    YoKaiser
    Free Member

I think the cool/uncool decision should be made as if Top Gear was doing it…unfortunately. If you think they would rate the car uncool then its in!

molgrips
    Free Member

Those cars are not uncool at all – you want them because they are quirky hip trendy cool.

This is what I want, and is the least cool car here:

TheFlyingOx

Estates are never cool, so an estate version of the much-maligned XJS can only be the automotive equivalent of Dwayne Dibley.

And I want one.

barkit
    Free Member

This

and a proper snow car:

boltonjon

That Talbot would be the ultimate MTB vehicle

I do remember working on similar Talbots back in the day and they were horrible vehicles – but they did have a certain charm 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Jools – that pick looks like the back of Mam Tor?

Always wanted one as a kid and, as I’m still a kid, I still want one:

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jools182 I had a 1600gt junior…

julianwilson
    Free Member

Messiah, a mate of mine has a g60, and besides that frowny headlight thing and the borbets, his looks rather unmolested. It has got blue hoses and then he lost me on whatever else he did to the engine, and he claims he ‘lost’ an r32 on the motorway down here last time I saw him. 😀

julianwilson
    Free Member

There are a couple of roadgoing (just!) UMM’s that live near me too. Well uncool and I so want a go in one!

catnash
    Free Member

I remember working for McAlpine and the site agents had Cavalier Commanders, thought they were very cool back then.

http://howrareismycar.co.uk/cars/remaining/6/make/VAUXHALL/model/CAVALIER+COMMANDER/page-1.html

Cool site to find how many cars are left.

jools182
    Free Member

Rogerthecat – Yup its top of the broken road

Bikebouy – pics

jools182
    Free Member

Double post

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

With you on the Matra Rancho. Must have been the same for whoever designed the Discovery

edlong
    Free Member

Saabs are never uncool

Unless they’re a badly restyled Subaru

Cougar

Argh, my eyes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Soooo, uncool.

Especially as I have one! 🙂

boltonjon

Captain Flashheart – spot on – very cool car!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Damn! 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Supercool Captain Flashheart! If I ever venture back to classic cars I’d be in one of those (or an earlier model)

Pigface
    Free Member

Is that the ancestral pile?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆
    Mine’s the same colour, with a cream fabric interior and has been loved from new. It lives in cosseted luxury, which I think is rather nice for an “ordinary” car. It’s not some super-duper special thing, just a “good” car that my grandfather bought new in Germany, collected from the factory in person and left in his will.

Pigface, it’s about the same size as my London pad! In fact, could be bigger! 😉
    YoKaiser, if it ain’t a W123 it ain’t super cool un-cool! 😉

And, here’s the Auto-Bahn-Barge in person;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/timothyhackworth/4550446399/
    Not my pic, I should add…and, not the best pic, but there next to a friend’s rather lovely V8 MG in the background, at the rather lovely “Drive It” day at the Royal Oak in Bishopstone.

Oh, and I think this is another…

alpin
    Free Member

there is one of these near to where i live. if it is ever for sale i would seriously consider buying it. it’s also yellow.

and it’s practical… fold-away rear seats!

Cougar

there is one of these near to where i live.

I did wonder if that would crop up. First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Rare as owt, probably worth a bit.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

One of these. Utter junk but if I could have any car ever, then without hesitation:

bencooper
    Free Member

I was just wondering if a DeLorean had been mentioned yet – I briefly had a go in one and the bit I loved was the way you have to climb over the handbrake to get in. I wonder how many people crashed doing that…

Northwind

There’s a feller lives near me who has a DMC-12… It’s probably as rubbish as people say, but man does it have some presence.

Obviously if I had one, I’d need to turn it into a back to the future replica though.

Trekster
    stewartc
    Free Member

Me with my first love, a Renualt 5 Gordini Turbo, probably around 1990….

Very, very, very unreliable car and and very uncool compared to the other Hot Hatchbacks around at the time, wish I could get another, great fun.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Obviously if I had one, I’d need to turn it into a back to the future replica though.

Likewise. Tragically, my longing for a Delorean comes simply from a childhood obsession with the BTTF saga. Every time I catch glimpse of a Delorean in real life (oh so rarely) I turn into an excitable child.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

i guess its actually quite cool:

Cortina is a little less so:

And the you get the Falcon Ute

derek_starship
    Free Member

Late 80’s. When I was all turned up jeans, stripey socks, aran jumper and Doc Marten shoes. I really wanted one of these:

Cougar

Just stumbled across this.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/vauxhall/maloo

6.2L v8 under the lid.

Do I win?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cougar – its a Vauxhall, so officially not cool, but yeah, that’s gooooooodd…

Tracey

Not seen one of these since the 70s

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

FTW?

firestarter
    Free Member

My mates got one of those yellow things its pretty cool 🙂

jools182
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want one of these…

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 230 total)

The topic ‘Really un-cool car's you secretly want?’ is closed to new replies.